Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for Sire for my Broodmare

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Can anyone offer up a stallion for this mare Artful Lombo.....dam is bettors delight and sire is Art Major. I am finding this one a bit tricky.

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan of Jate View Post
    Can anyone offer up a stallion for this mare Artful Lombo.....dam is bettors delight and sire is Art Major. I am finding this one a bit tricky.
    Roll With Joe would be interesting, but he is booked out.
    You could consider proven sires American Ideal, Western Terror else Always Be Miki

Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    A couple of good choices, I did have a look at Well Said also especially as his price has dropped but unproven here but US record is not bad. I like the look of American Ideal. cheers

Senior Member Colt alphastud will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Richard .
    Occupation
    1300 078 237
    Horses
    TIGER TARA NZ $3,500, LIVE OR DIE USA
    Top family.

Here's some out of the box suggestions if you were planning to race the progeny:

Lombo Pocket Watch and McArdle - provide matches in key positions.

And if you were looking to sell the progeny then:

Somebeachsomewhere - has high success w. Art Major mares.

All the best.
    Last edited by alphastud; 07-26-2017 at 06:06 AM.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Like Trevor said, Roll With Joe sure looks interesting
    Send them the future pedigree Pat and ask them to consider putting you at the top of their cancellations list
    Attached Files
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Thank you all for your superb input. I threw a spanner in the works with the Art major major mare by putting her to Rock n Roll Heaven. I thought heavens record with that Arts place line in the states was very good and hoping to achieve that type of success here. That stallion has been going fairly well without producing a big money earning colt/gelding although rockin in heaven might be it. The confirmation aspect seemed to suit as well. Roll with Joe was fully booked as it has been for the past 3 seasons, still doesnt sell brilliantly at sales though that could change. I am rolling with Joe with a yearling colt at the minute with another mare, so wont miss out so much. The waiting list is long for him. Would have liked to go to Richards suggestion SBSW but got cold feet as usual with the price. I might save American ideal for another time. It was a tough choice to leave out RWJ and SBSW because they have very good records with the artsplace line.

Junior Member Yearling figgy1 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Fiona Figgest
    Horses
    In Sin City.....and far to many more..
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions also.....we are on the waiting list for Art Major with our Betters mare but am still thinking Pet Rock....maybe!! Just the commercial viability worries me with him...

Junior Member Foal Herought will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Frank Arrowood
    The anatomical structures making up the horse determine its conformation, including its size... The conformation of the offspring is expected to be somewhere between that of the sire and the dam. Conformation is reflected in the characteristics of each breed. Conformation of the parents, whether good or bad, is likely to be transmitted to the offspring, with desirable or undesirable results. If the sire and the dam each have the anatomical characteristics (conformation) of the breed they represent, the offspring should be representative of the breed

Junior Member Foal Texas will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Kevin Smith
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    This is what a match with Follow The Stars looks like Fiona
    McCardle is an obvious who has worked with the family without being sensational

Let me know if the attached image does not work
    PERFECT MATCH there "Messenger"....Lovely Work....also liking the double ups of "The Bunny" and "Big Bird", ALWAYS a Great move.... Should produce Great LOOKERS too!....

Junior Member Foal Texas will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Kevin Smith
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan of Jate View Post
    Maybe, Always B Miki OR Yankee Cruiser???

+ Reply to Thread