Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Things you like the most about Harness Racing

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    The best thing i like is Harness Racing itself anyone can have a go also having a family of horses that has been with the family since day one and trying to keep breeding winner's from them nothing better than breeding the foal,breaking it in and racing it all on your own whether it win's or not it make's you feel like you have achieved something pretty special that no one can take away from you
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Member Gelding Zipper will become famous soon enough Zipper's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    1. Anyone can get a good horse in this game, unlike the thoroughbreds which is dominated by the rich and famous.
    2. Menangle, what a fantastic track!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The best racing full stop.
    3. The rise of the NSW industry, still a huge way to go but getting there.
    4. Juvenile racing, horses like Fly Like An Eagle & Sushi Sushi etc are just awesome.
    5. The success of young people in the sport... McCarthy, Sugars, Hall Jnr etc.
    6. The mile rate measurement, I love the fact that time actually means something (but not everything) in this sport.
    7. Adam Hamilton, what a passionate, professional and complete ambassador we have for this sport. Totally astute in my opinion.
    8. The Interdominion, I still love it and hope it survives in its current format forever!
    9. The early start/finish times Menangle has employed during the winter months.... brilliant.
    10. Trots TV... every race a trial replay for free, that is great for the punter.

Great post Triple, focused on the positives!!
    "Before you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you judge them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." Zen Guide to Life

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Probably the greatest thrill in Harness Racing is owning,training or driving your first winner - no matter where it may be. For as long as you are in Harness Racing very few people forget that first win. Another for me was attending my very first ID and seeing those magnificent horses in competition representing each state and NZ. It was the Interdominion that got me into Harness Racing.The pure spectacle and colour of night racing is something else although I don't think daytime racing has the same feel. Breeding a 2 yr old from a mare that you have raced is another great thrill,particularly if it's a winner. Trotting/pacing still is, to me, a most spectacular night out;if only we could return to the patronage of the past.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipper View Post
    7. Adam Hamilton, what a passionate, professional and complete ambassador we have for this sport. Totally astute in my opinion.
    Thanks Adam.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    The way harness racing people help each other out. It's not strange to see a trainer or driver lend the competition some gear.
    The way you can talk to many of the top drivers and trainers, they are mostly down to earth great people.
    Don't die wondering !

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    Zipper,

WANT A BET. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Last edited by admin; 08-09-2011 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Removed "flogger"

Real Name
    Unknown
    Justdoit....why the need to put flogger next to my name in brackets?

My understanding is that this forum is here for people to express their opinion not for people like you to make a personal comment about someone? Poor form!!!
    "Before you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you judge them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." Zen Guide to Life

Real Name
    Unknown
    Thanks Admin!!

Real Name
    Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Thanks Adam.
    Triple.... are you not a fan of Adam's?

In a sport that generally lacks professionalism and people who can articulate themselves, I find Adam very refreshing and good at what he does. I have also met him on 2 occasions and spoken to him on the phone re getting some help with a horse and on each occasion he was extremely polite and very genuine.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipper View Post
    Triple.... are you not a fan of Adam's?

In a sport that generally lacks professionalism and people who can articulate themselves, I find Adam very refreshing and good at what he does. I have also met him on 2 occasions and spoken to him on the phone re getting some help with a horse and on each occasion he was extremely polite and very genuine.
    Some days I really like what he has to say...and other days he makes me want to take my boots off and throw them at the TV... although quite interestly of late & especially since he hasn't been so often teamed up with that damned Mick Guerin I've not felt that urge.
    When they were together...'The Minty Men' as I long ago Christened them would always be spruiking a horse through their pockets. You could tell what they'd backed in a couple of minutes just by what they had to say & what was worse still was that they were a way bigger and more effective Kiss Of Death than either the front page of Trotguide or Mango & myself. Those guys could stop a Japanese Bullet Train.

+ Reply to Thread