Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Kevin Pizzutto is being
    (a) Mysterious
    (b) Clever
    (c) Honest ie not wanting to say and he didn't want to lie
    (d) All of the above

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...-s-secret-plan

ps Don't forget 11pmAEDT will reveal all
    I don't know how Pizzuto works, but if I wanted to lead from the pole I would probably be telling people "Hey I've drawn the pole and I'm going to lead so back off". I wouldn't want to give them a sniff that the lead is there. Maybe he giving them a sniff so he can take a sit, thus put Bull out of the race and hope a gap appears (which is likely over 2900m if Lazarus or even Soho setting the speed) coming into the straight?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Prizemoney: $1,100,000 - 1st $605,000, 2nd $165,000, 3rd $110,000, 4th $66,000, 5th $44,000, 6th $22,000, 7th $22,000, 8th $22,000, 9th $22,000, 10th $22,000
    (Winner of Consolation = $21,000)

It really is the pinnacle, there are not too many races in Oz/NZ where the winner gets $110k and that is only 3rd place here
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Compliments of All Stars Website....

MARK
    It has been a good week here for us and I am confident of the condition of all the horses going into the final night. It's been tough on the phone too ! I think radio stations from every state in Australia has rung in the last couple of days but its all part of the buildup.
    Piccadilly Princess has what seems like the worst draw but the mare* (former Kiwi Eden Franco) she is drawn behind does have high gate speed and I think she will hold up. That gives us more options or maybe a nice run.*Ultimate Machete should be able to hold up from one in his event. One of the horses who sent him along last week has drawn the second line and the other is in another race. So he should be well placed and being in front is always good here going by the results.
    The draw has added interest to the Final but we are quite well placed* to have options. I have fie horses on my list of hard to beat and some *of them are capable of hot early speed so it will be interesting to see if Tiger Tara stays there or holds up. Naturally you have a thought about going to the front but the way this race is going to be run if you do that you run the risk of being run down late by a horse like Chicago Bull who looks the hardest to beat to me. That is because not only is he a very good horse but he could get the ideal run toe mount a big finish. I never decide on a locked in plan until the race unfolds but most important to me is that Lazarus is ready for a big one
    Have Faith In Me has done well too and while his draw is not the best the extra distance again will suit him and might go better than most expect. You have to bear in mind though that his was not the strongest heat last week so he will need to step up again.
    We have decided that* Lazarus* will stay over for the Fremantle and WA Pacing Cups after the Inter Dominions. It was a bit hard to work out because there is a gap when staff could be a problem but Poi will now stay with him and Have Faith In Me who is with us for those two races.*Ultimate Machete will return to Sydney with Piccadilly Princess as he needs to qualify for the Chariots of Fire.**

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    I don't know how Pizzuto works, but if I wanted to lead from the pole I would probably be telling people "Hey I've drawn the pole and I'm going to lead so back off". I wouldn't want to give them a sniff that the lead is there. Maybe he giving them a sniff so he can take a sit, thus put Bull out of the race and hope a gap appears (which is likely over 2900m if Lazarus or even Soho setting the speed) coming into the straight?
    Not sure if Kevin Pizzuto has his mind made up yet Brenno, he has a great horse that can possibly win if he leads and doesn't get hammered, but he is probably a near certainty to run second to Lazarus if he hands up to him...I don't think you will see anybody lining up to take Lazarus on if he finds the front either.

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Probably unlikely that a horse can hold the front for the 2900 metres although much better to be there than the 6-10 positions. You would hand up and hope for a run in the last 600. Lazarus is probably the only horse who could do it but the Bull will be looming very large on any of the front runners and you can tell that all other trainers are very aware of that. He will just have to get off the fence late. Tiger Tara might bring him undone if he starts to tire which he may do after 5-6 starts in a month. 3 back the pegs would be ok for Chicago bull.

Washakie was the last great frontrunner at GP but 2900m is just that bit longer and the gaps will open up coming around the bend for sure.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    A superb run by Ameretto in the Mares Classic but the first lap told in the end while at the same time ensuring Piccadilly never saw daylight
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Is the I D supposed to be on 7mate tonight?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Yes it is supposed to be
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    Is the I D supposed to be on 7mate tonight?

Back on air now.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    No whip needed driving this champ - other than for a salute
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread