Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Interdominion

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    "I dont think any horse disgraced themselves either, there was only 16m between 1st and last. A good effort over that distance."
    "True, but it was slow in the first half of the race."
    They were running 30 quarters in the first part of the race.1.39 lead time.Average 200m speed of 14.61 for the trip.

Lazarus has now won $3,317,139 ave $82,928 per start just amazing.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    The best horse I have seen in my short life so far 30.3,29.7,27.4,27.2. Last 1/2 54.6 last 1/4 27.2 LAST MILE 1.54.6 phenomenal
    I havent seen Lazarus race yet but the mighty quinn takes some beating especially as he had that wow factor.....on those long sprints to the finishing line.

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    All in All...a pretty good nights racing at GP.....had everything for the punter and anyone who attended. A few longshots and the expected favourites in the big races got home. The crowd size looked ok...

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    All good Danno, when he drew two it was all about the exotics

The gear change, gamesmanship or horsemanship?
    Only Mark Purdon and his camp will know whether it was gamesmanship Wayne, my personal take is it was, when you are the one to beat it helps if you can throw in a "funny hat" to distract your opposition. Great horse hey, he can outstay them or outsprint them as he did last night, the draw helped but he could have done what he did if he drew 10 or 11.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Compliments All Stars website....

All the talk before the race was about the tactics and the running luck as you would expect. But deep down everyone knew. Lazarus with average luck was going to be too good and as it happened with average luck he was way way too good. Mark stalked them with two laps to go and sitting parked and cruising had the Inter Dominion won a long way out. Rated the best Mark has handled Lazarus has now won 33 of 40 starts, tops $3m in earnings and threatens Monkey King ($3.4m) as our richest horse ever. He could achieve that feat before he leaves West Australia on January 20 after the Fremantle and West Australia Pacing Cups*
    Have Faith In Me, who was unable to make real ground from the back from a bad draw, was unplaced.
    "I thought I had Tiger Tara covered quite a long way out and there was nothing coming outside only Chicago Bull in the trail and he wasn't going to get out easily" Mark said afterward. "I was always confident because the horse was so well and I know how good he can be"* * * *While there was a suspicion in some quarters that Mark might surprise and wrest the early lead and put Chicago Bull three back because Laz is so good in front, he settled for similar tactics to those he used from a worse draw with Smolda last year. Laz's win was a lot easier because he was just far ahead of his rivals, some of whom may not have been quite as good as the pre- race hype suggested. aCertainly there were far fewer moves in the race than had been predicted and slower sectionals especially early on. But that is what Inter Dominions are all about. It is the way Lazarus wins his major races that points to him being a great pacer.*
    Not spectacular- but* the *"deadly assassin" when the big money is up.* And the next "kill" isn't far away,* * * *

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    No doubt about it Dan, he's a great horse, $70,000, or whatever it is, per start says it all. Wouldn't have thought you'd pull the headcheck off for (the need for) gamesmanship with this horse. May have been mentioned somewhere on the night the headcheck was removed to help the horse feel more comfortable around the bends.

Changing tack, I know you guys love a play on words when Chris Lewis took off early, did he discontinue due to Chris Alford indicating he wouldn't let him around? Your thoughts Dan, in an I D final is it all bets are off? Would you disregard another driver's gesture?

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    No doubt about it Dan, he's a great horse, $70,000, or whatever it is, per start says it all. Wouldn't have thought you'd pull the headcheck off for (the need for) gamesmanship with this horse. May have been mentioned somewhere on the night the headcheck was removed to help the horse feel more comfortable around the bends.

Changing tack, I know you guys love a play on words when Chris Lewis took off early, did he discontinue due to Chris Alford indicating he wouldn't let him around? Your thoughts Dan, in an I D final is it all bets are off? Would you disregard another driver's gesture?
    I didn't notice any gesture from Alford Wayne, however, if there was such an indication anyone would be mad to simply ignore/disregard it. As a great a driver as Chris Lewis is, I thought he may have miscued thinking it was someone else in the death, not sure either. The short answer is that when you are out there you are making decisions very rapidly without the panoramic view we get from the sideline and while all that is going on you are taking in all sorts of other information about what is going on around you and in front of you and of course how your own horse is travelling. But yes the gloves are off most certainly, that is the case when you are driving against mates in ordinary races, bit of push and shove, bit of bluff, sometimes we get a bit terse with each other on the track and then its all over. Go and have a beer and a laugh about it with each other.

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    My take - Have Faith in Me was a little unruly during the run last Friday night when he ran a huge second. He was a bit the same last night. Lewis appeared to have some difficulty settling him in last spot and the horse decided it was time to go.

Lewis may have let the horse run along a bit but then saw Lenny was also behaving like a first-time-in-the cart yearling and eased back.

With regards to the head check, Purdon explained the removal before the race. Lazarus has raced without it in NZ and many of the All Stars horses race successfully without them. Turning back the calendar a few decades, my experiences in WA highlighted a large number of stables and horses raced without head checks. I put this down to the fact that many WA trainers were perfectionists at balancing their horses with expert shoeing. Phil Coulson and Fred Kersley come to mind as trainers who raced a lot of horses without head checks. Come to think of it, very few of Fred's horses wore knee boots either. And none of his horses knew what it felt like to wear a rug.

Would it be stretching the truth to call Fred a perfectionist? No. Always was, always will be. Then there is that quiet fellow with the funny accent who trains and drives Lazarus. I reckon he and Fred have more than a bit in common. I would hate to be playing a game of three-handed poker with those two, your every pulse would be studied, analysed and digested into the brain for later reference before you lost every hand.

Sorry, I forgot to say I don' t believe there was anything unusual in last night's race. Once Lazarus got to the death without travelling 3 wide on a bend it was all over.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/racing...final-in-perth

MARK
    * I will appeal the length of the suspension I received at Gloucester Park. It is a tricky situation there. No other horse was affected and there is no passing lane there so you have got to take your chances. I thought it was* a smart move at the time but even though another horse is not checked there is a regulation to cover it.*
    I am heading back to Rolleston and should be there by Sunday. I will probably head north then to look after the team up there. We haven't made any decision about horses like Vincent at this early stage.*
    It was of course a tremendous thrill to win the Interdominion Final and the Golden Nugget. Lazarus was always travelling and he probably had it won a good way out. He is an exceptional horse and he just keeps building a record few horses can match. Unfortunately I didn't have time to celebrate because by the time we went through the judicial system and today I am packing up. Poi will stay here with the horses.*
    Last edited by teecee; 12-09-2017 at 10:06 PM.

Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by KTQ View Post
    Have faith in me is being sold to the US
    . Runoneover had been sold to the US

Compliments All Stars website...

*Sale of Have Faith In Me to US confirmed

+ Reply to Thread