Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Interdominion

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    This is WA's Big event - unprofessional work like that should never happen

If you are having trouble reading Katie's post, it reads

Not produced in trials and market may be best guide

http://www.harness.org.au/form.cfm?m...rc=GPM24111757

ps He trains from Avenel not Menangle
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    This is WA's Big event - unprofessional work like that should never happen

If you are having trouble reading Katie's post, it reads

Not produced in trials and market may be best guide

http://www.harness.org.au/form.cfm?m...rc=GPM24111757

ps He trains from Avenel not Menangle
    I keep laughing out loud at how ridiculous it is. Even Tiger Tara (and Lazarus) is hilarious - "Makes WA debut here for visiting trainer Kevin Pizzuto." No sh*t Sherlock.

The form guide hasn't been finalised yet and it's completely unprofessional that it is not finalised this close to the biggest race in the southern hemisphere for Pacers. Are the form guides automatically populated in the interim between fields being released and final form guides going out?

aussiebreno
    It looks like the comments that used to go in the paper years ago (they probably still do - I just don't get the paper) that were done by the AAP (Australia Associated Press).
    The AAP form comment was done by some young journalist student who probably knew nothing about racing. They would record the basic data after a race (eg beaten 2m 5th 2.01) with a basic comment eg ran home late. The comments were then able to be reproduced for the next start.
    Could even be a computer generating the comments these day.

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    WA never does an analysis of the horses racing on the HRA website in the format as done by Vic and NSW. It uses the form guide style of analysis and selecting the winners, which they have done for years It is quite basic but I suppose in some ways effective. What you guys are referring to is the "cut and paste" method they use such as"not produced in trials" which is a bit ordinary. This information is then used in other publications such as the herald sun in the Friday racing roundup. I know they do quite a bit of video type form guide with trainers and drivers and the chief WA writer does his summary in various print and online as well. Wayne Currall also did an article yesterday in the WA HRA section in which he described lenny as in "red hot form"

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    Fixed Odds out for all races on Inters Opening Night:
    https://www.tabtouch.mobi/#fobracing...ate=2017-11-22

Wish I could bet on Tabtouch from over here in Canada. The TabNZ site is awful

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    The form guide and comments for Gloucester Park has been updated since this afternoon. Take the 4YO Classic. Ultimate Machete (barrier 1) appears to have had 3 starts since this arvo and won some hick race called the New Zealand Free For All last Friday.

All very good but they still pick Rocknroll Legend (barrier 3) to win. His form is OK, but 24 starts, 6 wins, 5 seconds and 3 thirds for $49,159 doesn't stack up on paper against Ultimate Machete's 21-9-6-4 and $573,827. And rated a handy(!!!!) 1:51.9 from the death last Friday.

Good thing nobody puts their name to to the selections because, in these litigious times, they might be sued for misleading the public. Does nothing to put the sport in a positive light.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Will the bookies give the punters a little treat and let Lazarus' price out a touch after that? Doubt it.

Ameretto and Kezz, all those Stawell wins behind Kezz.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    As much as I love small track atmosphere - when it comes to sprint distances tracks like GP make drawing well essential
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Ultimate Machete ran the fastest time of the night in the 4yo Classic.
    Interesting to note the prizemoney distribution - the winner takes $80k of the $125k

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...17#GPM24111750
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    I think the prizemoney allocation is reasonable- most winners get about 60-65%, the exception at GP is the interdom heats where the winner gets about 51%. I think those interdom heat winners should get a few grand more for sure.

+ Reply to Thread