Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Interdominion

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Ultimate machette should have run time time, he just won $150,000 in FFA company in NZ at his last start.

Total bullshit that an international horse can come over here after that type of win against FFA horses and then draw 1 in a 4 yo group 1 race in WA and win by 10m. I dont care if Australians or Biafrans own the horse. The quicker officials bring in a qualification rule i.e 5 starts in the state or domiciled for 3 months before being allowed to enter Group 1/2 races the better. The only exception to be the Interdominion. Then watch the squealing go on.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Teecee brought it up before he arrived Pat (see below)

http://www.harnessracingforum.com/sh...ng-Farce/page3

I don't know that putting an end to international racing is necessarily the way to go

I have made it clear in the past that I don't like seeing all the money going to NZ but what if Tiger Tara had won the NZ Cup
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by fan of jate View Post
    ultimate machette should have run time time, he just won $150,000 in ffa company in nz at his last start.

Total bullshit that an international horse can come over here after that type of win against ffa horses and then draw 1 in a 4 yo group 1 race in wa and win by 10m. I dont care if australians or biafrans own the horse. The quicker officials bring in a qualification rule i.e 5 starts in the state or domiciled for 3 months before being allowed to enter group 1/2 races the better. The only exception to be the interdominion. Then watch the squealing go on.
    lol.
    Last edited by Messenger; 11-26-2017 at 02:42 AM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan of Jate View Post
    Ultimate machette should have run time time, he just won $150,000 in FFA company in NZ at his last start.

Total bullshit that an international horse can come over here after that type of win against FFA horses and then draw 1 in a 4 yo group 1 race in WA and win by 10m. I dont care if Australians or Biafrans own the horse. The quicker officials bring in a qualification rule i.e 5 starts in the state or domiciled for 3 months before being allowed to enter Group 1/2 races the better. The only exception to be the Interdominion. Then watch the squealing go on.

I see Breno's post was edited, anyway, really Pat?! Really...the Golden Nugget as well? Add the Chariots
    Maybe some sort of PBD for the first two Perth races, still entice the top class 4 yo's with the RBD Nugget, but there would come a year the locals would be squealing.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Isn't the concept of group racing to pit the best against the best? Always has been for as long as I can remember in all spheres of racing.
    Austalian, and for that matter Nth American or European have always been welcome to compete in Group events down under.
    NZ even sets aside a space in each heat of the JEWELS specifically for and Austalian entry. WE want to see your best and our best competing at that elite level.

Also as an aside..
    It is the intention of NZ clubs and HRNZ to bring back a Trotters ID championship. Afterall the official title of the Interdoms was and still is..."Interdominion PACING AND TROTTING Championship".
    They will be at Group level and all will be welcome.

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Just to cheer you up a bit, Pat, the FFA won by Ultimate Machete was the $234K (NZ) New Zealan Free For All. It was probably one of the weakest in recent memory, partly by the decision to run the Inter Dominion heat 7 days later 6,000 kms away. And a lot of the "good" NZ horses are no longer in NZ.

In the 4YO Classic 7 of the 12 runners were either NZ bred, raced or owned. And, despite your rant, 16 of the 28 Inter heat contenders were either NZ bred, raced or owned. What a great series it would be running 3 rounds of heats with just the remaining 12!

Save your best rant for later in the season Pat, because a horse the equal (I reckon better) than Ultimate Machete will be in the eastern states to dominate the big 4yo races. And, like Ultimate Machete, he will be a 4yo racing in 4yo races! Outrageous!
    Last edited by Messenger; 11-26-2017 at 06:54 PM.

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    I see Breno's post was edited, anyway, really Pat?! Really...the Golden Nugget as well? Add the Chariots
    Maybe some sort of PBD for the first two Perth races, still entice the top class 4 yo's with the RBD Nugget, but there would come a year the locals would be squealing.
    And squeal they will!

Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Perhaps Donald Trump might build a wall at Eucla?

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Yes, it was a rant for sure and we do want to see the best against the best but for mind in that race it wasn't the case. Prizemoney won should come into the equation here and I think I have bought that up before. We talk about odds on favourites in harness racing and no wonder this horse started as red hot favourite. There is no possible chance any other horse could have won that race. The international horses in harness cannot be compared to gallops either as seen by an outsider winning the Melbourne cup this year. Can you imagine a horse from Ireland coming over and starting at $1.20 race favourite in the melbourne cup? I dont think they would let it happen. Definitely not an even playing field.

Tiger Tara has only been over here 12 months probably less, so has it been adopted already?

One of the obvious answers to the issue you raised Trevor that if international horses did not race then the race would fall over, is that the spots would be filled immediately by local horses. There would never be a small field or non existent race just because international horses were not represented.

Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    "the spots would be filled immediately by local horses. There would never be a small field or non existent race just because international horses were not represented"

Really, Pat? There were 28 final acceptances for the series. Where were the "local" horses? WA racing would fall over without NZ-bred horses, do the maths.

No good coming out now wanting to turn a FFA series into PBD's. Do the same with the 4yo Classic and it would soon lose its sheen. Of course, this would suit the parochial fans but I fear we would soon be running the ID at Broken Hill or somewhere as non-descript because the sport would shrivel on the vine.

+ Reply to Thread