Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Interdominion

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Showgrounds View Post
    Perhaps Donald Trump might build a wall at Eucla?
    I was thinking along the lines of extending and elevating the rabbit-proof fence and electrify with 66,000 volts to keep the eastern hordes out.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    I was thinking along the lines of extending and elevating the rabbit-proof fence and electrify with 66,000 volts to keep the eastern hordes out.
    Which leaves the WA industry where? 66 horses with NZ suffix raced (or emergency) for racing Friday night. Only 11 of those were temporary for the big races. 55 with NZ suffix are WA trained!

115 total raced (or emergy). Less 20 visitors = 95 total WA trained horses.

55/95 WA trained horses with NZ suffix.

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Which leaves the WA industry where? 66 horses with NZ suffix raced (or emergency) for racing Friday night. Only 11 of those were temporary for the big races. 55 with NZ suffix are WA trained!

115 total raced (or emergy). Less 20 visitors = 95 total WA trained horses.

55/95 WA trained horses with NZ suffix.
    58% of the starters on opening night of an Inter Dominion Championship were bred about 6,000 kms away from Gloucester Park. On the other hand, last year's "NZ" Inter winner was Wangaratta-bred.

The horse I believe to be the best currently in NZ (while Lazarus is in WA) is NSW bred.
    Last edited by Messenger; 11-27-2017 at 10:39 PM.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Twilight heats tonight

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=FV281117

East coast workers can watch them and still be in bed by 10pm
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I am glad I heard Sky1 mention the exclusive Inter coverage on Sky2 after the 2nd heat.
    I cannot find any mention of it anywhere - even on the WA site
    Did they do this for the first round of heats last week?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The extended coverage gives you a look at the crowd (outside at least) - it looks pretty average, Tuesday twilight or not.

ps Can't we ban horse nose strips - as if we need more gear on harness horses
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Tiger Tara has taken 1.5 secs off the Tk Rec and Lazarus has gone super
    With the 2 WA hopes looking good, we just need them all to hold it together for 2 more races for what shapes to be a fantastic final
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Tiger tara went brilliantly and may be capable of an upset in the final if it gets a draw. Been performing very well at the top level for some time now. The buy of the century for the Pizzuto clan.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Mark Purdon is quietly playing them all off a break, he hasn't asked any more of Lazarus than absolutely necessary so far and will have the horse 110% on final night. Only bad luck will beat him in the final and i haven't seen him in the heats.

Senior Member Colt Yabbie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Carol Bass
    Occupation
    Paralegal
    I am glad I heard Sky1 mention the exclusive Inter coverage on Sky2 after the 2nd heat.
    I cannot find any mention of it anywhere - even on the WA site
    Did they do this for the first round of heats last week?

No, it was because there wasn't much international racing till later in the night and the heats were scheduled earlier than last Friday - you may have noticed that after the third heat last night, all the international gallops meetings started. Shame they did not advertise the all night coverage earlier - I only happened on it on twitter as I was leaving work at 6.30pm Melb time. I would not expect to see it for the final heats on Friday nor for the final. It was fantastic coverage though - see what they can do when they try and give our sport the coverage it deserves and needs

+ Reply to Thread