Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Interdominion

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Still sweating on that link to provide fields for heats 8 & 9
    Cannot find them on the WA or Inter sites either (I don't find either of them to be current enough)

EDIT Teecee's fields link now has them all
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Lazarus gets easiest heat
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan of Jate View Post
    A big call Danno. Lazarus has been a beaten favourite both times. The difference in prizemoney is $54k by running 2nd instead of first. I am not sure any trainer or owner would play that game. He may get a better draw in the final but the race distance is longer. The big guns have all qualified so no major shocks. I will wait until the draw and then pick one out, it is a close call at this stage.
    Agree Pat, M P has expressed a little concern Lazarus has done more work than hoped in the first two rounds, without being able to win.
    The heats have certainly shown it's all about the draw in the final.

Not going to repeat myself lads, but I will have to say I told you so after it's all over........

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    $10 for Lenny is good money in the final, especially if it was just a one off finishing third at Bunbury. A bit early to write him off, he is probably the most proven topline horse at the Inters, he has gate speed and stamina. Be a worry though if he cant run San Carlo down on Friday night.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan of Jate View Post
    $10 for Lenny is good money in the final, especially if it was just a one off finishing third at Bunbury. A bit early to write him off, he is probably the most proven topline horse at the Inters, he has gate speed and stamina. Be a worry though if he cant run San Carlo down on Friday night.
    I know Lenny is just an 8yo and many standardbreds peak around this age but I would not be surprised if Lenny feels it a bit more nowadays. Fresh he looked fantastic but I wonder whether that is the go with him now - the next start may tell us. 3 races in 8 days is no easy task at this level. I reckon he will appreciate the week to the final if he can get an easy run on Friday but it is a case of the old star v the new stars
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I know Lenny is just an 8yo and many standardbreds peak around this age but I would not be surprised if Lenny feels it a bit more nowadays. Fresh he looked fantastic but I wonder whether that is the go with him now - the next start may tell us. 3 races in 8 days is no easy task at this level. I reckon he will appreciate the week to the final if he can get an easy run on Friday but it is a case of the old star v the new stars
    Lenny may struggle with the back up but the reality is his best is still just as good as he ever been.
    4x big wins in Open age career.
    -WA Interdom was a FFA
    -Last season Vic Cup and Miracle Mile extra 10metres Smolda beats him
    -Vic Cup drawn 1 in a walkover

His biggest 2-3 have come in past 6-12 months so certainly not past it. He has had wins where there has been 1x Grand Circuit star in the field but the only time he has won a race with multiple grand circuit stars in the field was the Miracle Mile and Smolda nearly had him and a mile suits Lenny but isnt Lazarus go.

His record sees him being beaten by Beautide, Christen Me, Smolda, Hectorjayjay in years the Grand Circuit has been thinner, but now with 3 absolute top liner 5yos suring up the Grand Circuit ranks Lenny may be as good as ever, but it wont be good enough.

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    You may be on the money Kev, a few good ones coming through now and will test him. He often gets underestimated though, Soho Tribeca is trading in unknown waters and I cant see him winning if he draws a back row. Despite the Lazarus admirers he has not won a heat yet so he cant be going at his best and yet is still favourite for the final. Not convinced Tiger tara can keep backing up either but he is certainly flying at the minute. So that leaves the Bull and the only query on him is not having raced in Group 1's against the very best, but this is his home track and he can break track records to win. It is Lenny or Chicago Bull for me.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I love this

Meanwhile, Alexandra Park hold rare back to back meetings tonight and tomorrow night to accommodate their huge pre-Christmas bookings

You would love to have this 'problem' all around Australia
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It is Friday so the workers on the East coast can stay up late
    Heat 7 : 9.54pm AEDT
    Heat 9 : Midnight AEDT
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread