I thought of putting this in the Programming thread but decided it warranted a thread of its own as I want to be specific

I suppose it could be argued that if the number of races per annum stay the same and Wednesday is as they have stated - our worst day, then maybe it can result in an increase in Turnover.

But whether the extra races on the longer programs will result in more turnover remains to be seen. I am of course willing to look at the year in its entirety as there will be seasonal peaks and troughs.

I received an interesting email from Ray Chaplin and he made a good point about the gallops racing later in the better weather months and questions whether we will be able to have the sweet 5-6pm timeslot on Sky 1 for these extra races.

I have just had a look at the Wednesday timeslot and there have probably been about 30 day meetings a year on Wednesday which from memory is the number of meets they are talking about cutting a year.
I then thought that it should probably be ringing alarm bells for clubs like Horsham, Stawell, Maryborough, Charlton, Yarra Valley ... all clubs who have had Wednesday meets in the past and all clubs that do not have lights.

No doubt the info on who has lost what is somewhere but I decided to do my own research.
We have about 20 main tracks in Victoria so if the meetings cut back is being shared around (ie some of these regular Wednesday clubs receiving other slots and not simply bearing the brunt of the cutbacks themselves) then no club should lose more than 2 meets.

I decided to just look at the Wednesday clubs I listed above to see how they have fared in the coming months in comparison to last season. I have looked at Sept until June as this is all the Clubs list on their pages at this point in time

It looks like it is being spread around:

Horsham stays the same at 8 meetings for this period

Stawell stays the same at 7 meetings (although 7 last season may have been a little light due to the track upgrade, however this was done in incredibly quick time)

Maryborough -2 meets. I had not realized they have so many meets 23 down to 21

Charlton -2 meets. 10 to 8 is quite a hit

Yarra Valley stays the same at 12 meets

Hamilton -2. 9 to 7 is a big hit

I am sure somebody such as Kyle knows where to look and can tell us who is worst affected.