Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: F. Lee Bailey vs John DuCHARME

Member Gelding richard1955 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    richard ducharme

F. Lee Bailey vs John DuCHARME

Actually, it was Gerald Kazmaier vs The Delaware Harness Racing Commission. And yes, it was the SAME F Lee Bailey that represented " OJ " !! Plus Barry Scheck ( who my father said was the most obnoxious lawyer he ever met )

This case is 50 years old, but it focuses on a Rule 18, section 5 that my father probably wrote, or at least included when he wrote and published the modern RULE BOOK as the 1st in-house attorney for the USTA. I don't know IF the USTA has modified, or changed this rule since my Dad wrote and later enforced this rule ? I certainly hope NOT ?

Even judges TODAY often have to "wonder" (question) when some horses don't race up to form ?

The fact that The State of Delaware "stood by my Dad" against the USTA exemplifies the un-corruptible character and reputation of my father.

My father both could/can both " talk the talk, and walk the walk "

I don't know what eventually happened to Gerald Kazmaier ? But he NEVER drove horses in Delaware again ! And if any readers know more about this case ? please respond.
    Attached Files

Member Gelding richard1955 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    richard ducharme
    It is interesting to add that F Le Bailey is now dis-barred, bankrupt, and living above a hair salon in Maine.
    While my father is a respected retired Chief State Steward, and a self-made millionaire.

http://www.abajournal.com/news/artic...or_bankruptcy/

+ Reply to Thread