Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Trots Returning to Wayville Showgrounds October 27

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Burnie in Tasmania is 606m and the Busselton track in WA is in the low 6's, both are enjoyable for the crowd.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Showgrounds View Post
    The megaphone effect of the booing from the A G Hunter Stand as the beaten odds-on favourite returned to scale at the Showgrounds.............ah, the theatre of it all!

Now, nobody cares because only 2 and a dog go. And the dog can usually be found in the dining room; not a jam donut in sight.
    I have only been to Melton on 2 occasions on my way back to the Gap and to be fair both times were beautiful summer evenings but each time there was a very good crowd there - so it can still happen
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan of Jate View Post
    What is the reason for the meeting? is it a one off to raise money or is it going to be regular feature?
    It would be good to know Pat. South Australia (and Queensland is nearly as bad) do not even have a calendar up on HRA for October much less next year
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Gelding Mister JayKO will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stu Black
    I will not be missing this for quids, the posts from the races at the Ekka in Brisbane look awesome, I've been to show meetings in Sydney (now Fox Studios) the Melbourne Show, Noorat Show and Bega amongst others, the crowds make the racing so I hope they get a good one. The closest thing to this type of racing these days is Mount Gambier and I highly recommend that to anyone close enough to go.

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    We tend to turn up our noses at SA trots and, by all indicators, it is on life support. Has been for a long time.

However, the passion runs thick and they can put on a show! Anybody who has been to an ID Grand Final at Globe Derby will attest. Wayville will be a great spectacle and a lot of fun.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan of Jate View Post
    Burnie in Tasmania is 606m and the Busselton track in WA is in the low 6's, both are enjoyable for the crowd.
    Busselton pulls a great crowd each week too. Lots of fun

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Is this Wayville meet a Centenary celebration?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Not sure if there is a significant occasion behind this event but workouts were held at the Adelaide Show last year and were well received, and are scheduled again for this year

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    The old Newcastle Showgrounds track was probably similar in dimension to Wayville

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch6cRRIoDjU

Junior Member Foal David Collins will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    David Collins
    Am lucky enough to have attended meetings at Melbourne Showgrounds. The atmosphere was tremendous and akin to a VFL game with spectators around the entire track. Trotting was big! Unfortunately I never got to see a Wayville meeting. What a great idea putting this meeting on. It will be very interesting to see what times modern bred horses will run around this track. Looking forward to being there October 27th.

+ Reply to Thread