Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Trots Returning to Wayville Showgrounds October 27

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Hahahahah........busting a gut......tell Mark going to the mailbox every day doesn't work, I've already tried it....but! on a serious note, does driving 1000's of races a year on 800/1000 metre tracks and zero lifetime on tracks less than 600metres make you more qualified to drive at a venue like Wayville? A bit of a toss in my opinion.
    Maybe they should have invited Neville Welsh, Dan. He was a favourite at The Showgrounds and I think he is still driving

Noel would know who has the most experience on the little tracks and who is still going around (apart from your good self of course)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=34627

A Wayville winner returns to Wayville

Tactile was good enough to conquer the opposition in the Minor Derby Free-For-All but Cameron was hooked on Wayville.
    “The atmosphere was something you couldn’t believe. So many people right around the track, the noise was deafening.
    “With such tight racing, you needed to have great horsemen and South Australia did with the likes of Stan Messenger, Kevin Brook, Bill Shinn, Dick, Lloyd and Joe Webster – they were all great, hard men.”
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Looks like tickets for dinner packages in the grandstand have sold out so it may be be a corker.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=34676

I wonder why they can't just roll up and show their licence?
    Maybe they need a better estimate of numbers - in case it becomes a sellout
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    http://www.harness.org.au/media-room...?news_id=35165

Only a few days to go - could the grandstand be sold out?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    All races on Sky2

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    What a great night of racing. Can't help thinking that there was a lot of empty space in the grandstand at the back which probably cost them another 1000 or so patrons. Were tickets sold on the night?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amlin View Post
    What a great night of racing. Can't help thinking that there was a lot of empty space in the grandstand at the back which probably cost them another 1000 or so patrons. Were tickets sold on the night?
    Looks like all of the drivers could count laps...or did they use the numbers for laps to go like the bike races.
    They certainly got a crowd.
    Great initiative.
    Looking at the crowd at Moonee Valley today, and the trotting track so evident from the overhead shots, makes you wonder if a return of trotting races there is at all possible.
    Oh for the hype of Winx.
    Last edited by Adaptor; 10-28-2017 at 07:27 PM.

Junior Member Foal Pittsburgh Phil will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Alfred Andrews
    Occupation
    Philosopher

and a jolly time was had by all ...

Wow ... that was an absolute blast last night. It had it all. Good crowd, massive by today's standards. A mini pile-up in the first ... not quite as spectacular as the 1963 Interdominion final ... and fortunately no injuries. Incredible atmosphere. Could have done with a few more bodies in the old flat enclosure, but the main stand was absolutely buzzing all night. Some great showmanship from the winning drivers. And a lot of young people in attendance, I suspect many of whom had never been to the trots before.

The only thing that could have made it better would have been actually backing a winner. Everything I backed either missed the start or galloped or both. But I had an absolute ball reliving my mis-spent youth.

Seriously, this must not be a one-off. I'm a bit too old to wait 44 years for the next one. Surely, after the excitement of last night, this should become an annual event.

Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Great stuff...the coverage overall was good on Sky, although splitting the screen while the race was on to see dogs walking to the boxes is completely unneccessary

+ Reply to Thread