Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: New HRA website

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Looked up the results of Menangle yesterday & race 9 still has the field & NO result......really http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=PC190917

aussiebreno
    When viewing fields for a meeting it used to list the schedule with race names and class up the top so you could skim the top and see Rc6 was the open class event at Gloucester Park and skip straight to it without having to scroll through every field. I miss those 5 seconds it saved me.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    When viewing fields for a meeting it used to list the schedule with race names and class up the top so you could skim the top and see Rc6 was the open class event at Gloucester Park and skip straight to it without having to scroll through every field. I miss those 5 seconds it saved me.
    I'm with you Brendan
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    So only one or two positive points mentioned about the new site. I have probably only explored 50% of the site so far but am convinced it was developed by those people that did the "digital upgrade" in the ABC show "Utopia" !
    Don't die wondering !

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I wish I had 'snipped' an old results page so I could do a direct comparison
    It does look brighter/cleaner - did the old results have ads down the sides? LOL I just refreshed the page and I got some ads
    However I am not finding it easy reading. Suggestions would be to embolden all the horse names and maybe have the first three in another colour (black?) to stand out
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I wish I had 'snipped' an old results page so I could do a direct comparison
    It does look brighter/cleaner - did the old results have ads down the sides? LOL I just refreshed the page and I got some ads
    However I am not finding it easy reading. Suggestions would be to embolden all the horse names and maybe have the first three in another colour (black?) to stand out
    I'm pretty sure there were ads. The background was black/grey so they were likely less noticeable.

https://web.archive.org/web/*/harness.org.au

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    I don't mind the adds on the site as long as they are for harness racing products and not intrusive . But I do find the banner across the replays very annoying. It's usually Empire Stallions who I have used several times and found them to be great to deal with but this annoying add is making me think twice about using them in future ! Is that the type of result they want from an ad ? There is a time and a place for adds but over a replay is not one off them in my opinion.
    Don't die wondering !

Member Yearling Pogga will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stephen Salter
    Horses
    Tact Tate, We Meet Again, Jessies Girl,
    This does explain a few things https://www.harness.org.au/media-roo...?news_id=34866

It should be easier in future to deliver enhancements & complete maintenance with an upgrade of Technology. 2008 technology would have been struggling to keep up with the Tablet functionality of today.

Obviously a heap of teething issues but I'm sure the only way is up

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    It also makes it possible to track users. The more you can track them, the more you know about them, the more you know what parts of the site are visited, the more you know what's of importance to them, the greater insights the industry has to tailor racing to that

Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    The best thing in that article was that it didn't cost any extra money. So the new site is aimed at mobile devices, fair enough, that is also where most of the glitches are ! I must admit I found the old mobile site unusable and was forced to use the desktop version on my phone. Not showing all the information on the upright screen and having to rotate your screen may be common on some sites but that doesn't make it good. Car Jackings are common now but that doesn't make them good ! But you should not have to go back to the upright position just so you can watch a full screen replay ! I understand that an upgrade was needed to keep up with changing technology but I would have preferred if they could have stuck to the old look and layout of the old site.
    Don't die wondering !

+ Reply to Thread