Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: New HRA website

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    The best thing in that article was that it didn't cost any extra money. So the new site is aimed at mobile devices, fair enough, that is also where most of the glitches are ! I must admit I found the old mobile site unusable and was forced to use the desktop version on my phone. Not showing all the information on the upright screen and having to rotate your screen may be common on some sites but that doesn't make it good. Car Jackings are common now but that doesn't make them good ! But you should not have to go back to the upright position just so you can watch a full screen replay ! I understand that an upgrade was needed to keep up with changing technology but I would have preferred if they could have stuck to the old look and layout of the old site.
    In house could mean rather than hiring contractor they paid employees? Could be wrong but I seem to recall a couple jobs for programmers being advertised earlier in the year.

Haven't used it on my mobile yet but if easier to use that will be handy.

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    I have a new computer with plenty of grunt but since the new website was introduced it is very slow to load up, I hope this does not continue. I am sure it is not a problem with my PC.

aussiebreno
    After about race 8 I was checking fields again for Wagga and it was a lottery as to whether the prior races were showing the fields or the results.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I personally would prefer it if there was a Fields page that continued to be just that even after the race has been run
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Brendan, the new mobile site is a big improvement on the old one. Just a few bugs that they are working on. I was using the desk top version on my phones for many years . It worked very well on phones but required some zooming in to read properly. Pity we couldn't have the new mobile site and the old desk top site together.
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Has everyone noticed how with the failed no whip rule and the new website that there was zero consultation with participants/users ? It would have been nice to be told what would be disappearing and what would be added to the new site ! Were we asked what were the best features of the old site and what parts needed improvement ? No ! I don't count being given a preview of the new site and being asked for feedback as consultation because all the decisions had already been made. Just seems to be the way now ! Seems they have learned little from the industry meetings with participants.
    I know that the people developing the new site are trying their best and are actually contacting people who are having issues . I have no issues with them, they seem to be doing a good job. Even Microsoft launch products with many problems. It's whoever keeps making decisions with no consultation that is our industries biggest problem !
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    Anyone else experience the loss of the main menu bar? If this is meant to be, how do we access things like Stewards Reports and Horse Search now?
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Can anyone tell me how to watch replays in the results section, using a computer, now only photo finish. It was so easy before.

Member Filly allanjg will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    allan gee
    anybody having trouble with the streaming speeds of the race replays.almost impossible to watch a vic replay,all other states just fine,no problems at all.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by allanjg View Post
    anybody having trouble with the streaming speeds of the race replays.almost impossible to watch a vic replay,all other states just fine,no problems at all.
    I have been away Allan and just catching up on some Melton replays (what a run by Mr Mojito) and not had any problems
    Wanted to watch Don Pierre break that old Cranbourne Tk Rec BUT no replays up still
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread