Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: New HRA website

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thankfully Form Guides are the old format because fields no longer tell you how the field was determined eg Restricted to horses with no more than ........
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    The site seems to be having major problems right now (7.35pm Sunday) . Almost unusable for me on desktop. Takes 30 seconds to change page. can't open any result pages. Anyone else having the same trouble ?
    Don't die wondering !

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    The site seems to be having major problems right now (7.35pm Sunday) . Almost unusable for me on desktop. Takes 30 seconds to change page. can't open any result pages. Anyone else having the same trouble ?
    Rick, you are definitely NOT on your
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    I'm just glad that these web page designers don't make airplanes.
    Don't die wondering !

Junior Member Weanling FINEST will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    AMANDA MEAD
    Horses
    CHASE AUCKLAND
    Service Unavailable won every race at Mildura tonight !

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by FINEST View Post
    Service Unavailable won every race at Mildura tonight !
    Yeah, goes all right that one!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    I'm finding I don't go on the site as much, nor read the news headlines. Not sure what it is, it's not that I dislike the new site..

Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Katie, I have to agree with you that I'm doing the same.
    When I go to the site on the desktop I am greeted with a photo taking up half the screen under that there are adds and the top part of the photos of the top stories. I get zero news or info without scrolling down. The cover photo is way too big and the top story headlines and fields for the day need to be visible when you open the page,you should not have to scroll down to see these.
    The adds used to be along the top and down the sides, now they take the prime position and are very intrusive. In this day and age of the "I want everything quickly" generation you need to attract peoples attention quickly. I mainly go there each morning to check where today's meetings are, now I have to scroll down to find them and they don't stand out as much as they used to.
    I read that hits to the site went up when it changed but I bet that was just people checking out the new profile, I would be very surprised if the figures continue to be higher than the old site. I know personally I now very rarely check the fields and have been wagering less. Hardly what the new site was meant to achieve. But that's just my experience and others may be doing the opposite.
    On the up side I get most of the news from this site now !
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    They are listening - good to see a summary of the program at the top of the fields now
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Kevin, they are listening I will give them credit for that. They actually emailed me for more details about issues I was having and they welcome suggestions on ways to improve the site. They always reply to emails too. The site is defiantly improving but I still miss the old one !
    Don't die wondering !

+ Reply to Thread