+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: New HRA website

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    The stewards report now needs filtering and it defaults to NSW. Annoying if you're from any other state - I don't want to always have to select a state so there should be a 'remember state selection' button. And also I dislike when there's a calendar function and it only shows one month. Just extra clicks for no reason - especially at the start of the month. If it has to be a calendar and not just a list of all recent reports, it should show two or three months. That goes for results as well

'Remember selection' function should also be applied to Harnessweb. I don't want to view a horse's first starts, I want to view their most recent and it's annoying to always have to click 'show last 100 races' or hit next next next to get to the most recent starts EVERY SINGLE TIME on EVERY SINGLE HORSE (or maybe I should just stop creeping my Dad's horses and their competitors, and get a hobby)

Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    Also. WHERE'S THE STATS. SHOW US THE STATS. Race records, track records, horse records, driver records, owner records. SHow us!

I'd like to see site visitation stats also for this new site. I'm finding I use harnessweb more now for looking at fields and results.

The headlines of the news articles on .org's front page aren't clickable which doesn't make sense - you have to click the image. It seems like there's multiple disconnected news sections. There used to be regular write ups on GP trots for a Friday. They appear in the front page news rotating feed, but I can't actually seem to easily locate them on the site & I don't know if I'm looking in the right place. It's the simple stuff like this that makes me frustrated.

I'm 34 years old, I'm pretty well versed in using websites but if I can't work it out, there's something wrong. Not sure how non-tech savvy people find the site.

One thing they NEED to change is the AHA site. If I search a horse via .org, I get taken to the AHA page which is fine, but sometimes I'll go through a few horses' family trees to find what horses are related. If I then think of a different horse to look at I have to click the back arrow again and again until I get back to the search page. Why is there no New Search button. It's just. so. un. userfriendly. gah

aussiebreno
    Remembering last state used would be handy.
    I don't mind the calendar as is. A few gallops sites use the rotating calendar and I lose track of dates when it isnt just a calendar month.
    There is a back to search button on the HRA online search. Is that the one you are talking about?

Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    Oh there is too!! I cannot believe I've never seen it. Wowzers

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Agree with this one:

The stewards report now needs filtering and it defaults to NSW. Annoying if you're from any other state - I don't want to always have to select a state so there should be a 'remember state selection' button.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    They are listening - good to see a summary of the program at the top of the fields now
    WEIRD just noticed if I hold my tablet in landscape position it has the program summary BUT if I hold it in portrait position it doesn't
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Yearling Pogga will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stephen Salter
    Horses
    Tact Tate, We Meet Again, Jessies Girl,
    Pretty standard the landscape vs Portrait functionality on a tablet. I work in IT for a bank, similar issues for us. The landscape mode allows for more features across the tablet. Portrait just gives us headaches!!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Pogga View Post
    Pretty standard the landscape vs Portrait functionality on a tablet. I work in IT for a bank, similar issues for us. The landscape mode allows for more features across the tablet. Portrait just gives us headaches!!
    Interesting. I have got into the portrait habit from reading the newspaper online - that way you fit a whole page on the screen
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Hey Stephen, how do they get around the fact that most people hold an iPhone in portrait position?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Yearling Pogga will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stephen Salter
    Horses
    Tact Tate, We Meet Again, Jessies Girl,
    probably more of a communication issue Kev. Not much you can do with the space available across the top in a portrait position. Typically you prioritise what is most important to display in portrait. What you can't display, communicate out to users that 'extra' functionality available in landscape mode, then we find customers are ok with that, as long as they know! Not ideal but thems the wonders of portrait vs landscape.

+ Reply to Thread