Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Interesting stuff from Standardbred Canada's Trot Radio

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Bzzzzzzzzz. Only single poles allowed here in Oz. Never seen one of Luke's rigged Stoneridge Scooter style.
    As far as I'm aware you can have a full pole on one side and also a rein/line (half) pole on the other. It's ridiculous, we should be able to put 2 full poles on the horses if they need it. They'll be changing the rules once no race goes slower than 1:53 at Menangle....

Flashing Red
    Working with stallions, I have found that I have more control with a chain over their nose than a bit in their mouth, personally. I would be happy to race horses in bitless bridles if it suited the horse. From personal experience I have also found that the harder a horse pulls, the more likely it is to either develop into a bleeder or bleed worse.... I have used Kyneton bit's in conjunctions with snaffles for bad pullers. Works for some horses, not for others. Normally good for horses that won't tolerate a chain in their mouth. I'm guessing these horses would probably also go good in a bitless bridle, considering the Kyneton works off pressure on the nose...

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Justice View Post
    horses bleeding because they are straining their body harder, breathing harder ?
    I've inboxed you on your Facebook account ;-)

+ Reply to Thread