Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fly Like An Eagle ?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.

Fly Like An Eagle ?

Hi , just wondering if anyone knows how many mares Fly Like An Eagle served last season ? I know he only has 35 live foals in Australia. I'm thinking about him for my Peace Of Art mare (Peaces Of You). I like the Mach 3 cross and she is in foal to Lincoln Royal.
    Anyone have one of his foals, I know it's a bit early to know how good they are but any reports would be appreciated.
    Always interested on others opinions on other suitable sires for my mare .
    Thanks.
    Rick.
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Probably have to ring up Yirribee stud for an answer to the mares question. I know there were a few issues at one stage...maybe lack of opportunity.

Senior Member Colt alphastud will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Richard .
    Occupation
    1300 078 237
    Horses
    TIGER TARA NZ $3,500, LIVE OR DIE USA
    29 mares were bred to Fly Like and Eagle in the 16/17 season.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Thanks Pat and Richard. Seems like low numbers for a well bred horse, lets hope he gets more this seasons.
    Don't die wondering !

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Rick, he did serve 51 in 2015/16 for the 36 foals (plus 3 No Returns) so that was a reasonable number, he will probably get even less than last years 29 this season until that first crop show what they are made of and then 2018-19 will be his reward (or demise)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Kev, where did you get that figure for 2015/16 from? I know this is his 3rd season but the HRA website only shows the 36 foals from the 2016/17 season. None from 2015/16 went through the APG Sydney or Melbourne sales ring for 2017. Or have I missed something (which would not be unusual).

Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    HRA annual online reports has the information Pat. I forgot about looking there !
    Don't die wondering !

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Pat, I got it from HarnessWeb, a HRA search will only tell you live foals. If you a do a Horse search for a stallion on HarnessWeb you will notice 'Service Summary' on the top menu - you will then get something like this and if you click on DETAILS you find out EVERYTHING ie Mare by mare. I am attaching a couple of Snips of what you find (I hope they will be clear enough to give you the idea)
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Messenger; 09-15-2017 at 04:25 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    I was just looking at last seasons report and I was amazed that Major Bronski had 94 mares . I don't know what I'm missing with this horse but I can't see anything appealing about him. Must have been well promoted or one owner has a lot of mares! I don't mean any offense to his owners or fans but why ?
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It will certainly be make or break for the Major this season as he served 100 mares in 14/15 and this is the 2yo season for the 70 foals
    Mr Feelgood served 347 for 228 foals that same season (He may have been free?) so I think he will need to impress
    Last edited by Messenger; 09-15-2017 at 08:48 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread