Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gp1 $200k Victoria Cup October 14, 2017

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    What would describe it better than 'minimum bet' (sounds like an impost on the punter)?
    Minimum stake?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Major Crocker would never beat Lenny even if he a got 50m start. There may be a couple of swoopers in the last 300m. My field Marshall has probably got the best chance of toppling Lenny and only because he will get a cushy run. There are some talented horses in this field but IMO Lenny looks a class above some of them.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan of Jate View Post
    Major Crocker would never beat Lenny even if he a got 50m start. There may be a couple of swoopers in the last 300m. My field Marshall has probably got the best chance of toppling Lenny and only because he will get a cushy run. There are some talented horses in this field but IMO Lenny looks a class above some of them.
    http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=MX161015

Race 7

aussiebreno
    Well done to Lenny - the class horse and just too good. Alford was able to dictate and as the greats do he made mistake with the tempo he sent.
    I would have thought travelling 8 hours for a $200K race the horse would have been there for 1st prize but it appears somebody in the Tiger Tara camp has overcorrected from the race in Brisbane where he went too quick in the middle sections and tonight chickened out of taking on Lenny.
    While the option was always go to be there for Butt to go to the death I don't think circumstances permitted tonight. There was no early burn and stack the pace so probably should have just stayed in the running line and raced for 2nd spot. May be being a bit tough on Butt there when Alford got dealt pocket Aces but in that lead time you were never going to beat Lenny.
    May appear I'm having a go at Tiger Tara camp for racing for a placing and then criticising Butt for trying to win - but one had a front row draw and other was relying on luck/race to go his way.
    So it doesn't look like I'm driver bashing - good decision by Grives to drop in the pegs

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Unfortunately just the procession that I was expecting, no fireworks at the start but 2nd and 3rd were very nice runs. Tiger Tara mad up incredible ground ????????????
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Good runs for the 2nd and 3rd placegetters. Lot of horses made good money settling for 2nd or 3rd against i'm the mighty Quinn and others. You have to be a top class horse to beat another top class horse and there was only one in that field tonight. Hope Lenny stays fit for the next 3 months and then we will really see what he can do.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    He was only 0.7 sec outside the Tk Rec but it was not a race to attract new fans
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    I thought he might beat the track record if he could have been a pushed a bit. I am sure he will test a few track records if he keeps up that form. There was not much excitement in it that's for sure.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Well done to Lenny - the class horse and just too good. Alford was able to dictate and as the greats do he made mistake with the tempo he sent.
    I would have thought travelling 8 hours for a $200K race the horse would have been there for 1st prize but it appears somebody in the Tiger Tara camp has overcorrected from the race in Brisbane where he went too quick in the middle sections and tonight chickened out of taking on Lenny.
    While the option was always go to be there for Butt to go to the death I don't think circumstances permitted tonight. There was no early burn and stack the pace so probably should have just stayed in the running line and raced for 2nd spot. May be being a bit tough on Butt there when Alford got dealt pocket Aces but in that lead time you were never going to beat Lenny.
    May appear I'm having a go at Tiger Tara camp for racing for a placing and then criticising Butt for trying to win - but one had a front row draw and other was relying on luck/race to go his way.
    So it doesn't look like I'm driver bashing - good decision by Grives to drop in the pegs

I think I might have commented at the time Todd's front running drive in QLD mightn't have been one of his best but he did have the lead handed to him.
    Last night, the Tiger Tara camp may have fallen victim to the Melton track design.

+ Reply to Thread