Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Menangle Interdominion proposal rejected?

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers

Menangle Interdominion proposal rejected?

I thought I heard a few words on In The Gig last night that the HRNSW "Inderdominion" plan for 2013-15 had been totally rejected. Did not get all the details as I think it was Greg Hayes that started to talk about it and I just turn off whenever he opens is mouth.

Is this correct? I hear elsewhere that the HRNSW proposal was a "take it or leave it" proposal and they will not be altering their submission.

I hated it anyway , although others vehemently agree with it.

Now what ? Are both sides just trying to bluff each other for concessions ??
    Last edited by David Summers; 08-09-2011 at 06:58 PM.

aussiebreno
    Good; was a bad idea! Now if it goes ahead after hearing this I'll be extra mad..

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Although WA has such a small track and it is so far away from the rest of us in Oz and NZ , I believe ID12 that what they are offering follows the standard ID format. ( Correct me if I am wrong about that).

If all goes well , and there is no reason why not , and others ( read HRNSW ) want to change it to some unrecognisable ID format , then let's encourage WA to put in an offer to take it over for 2013-15. Then see HRNSW start to squawk!
    Last edited by David Summers; 08-09-2011 at 09:37 PM.

Member Yearling Shakamaker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Justice View Post
    no one will go to nz... lance is fuming, blackie gone, earthquakes, big money in sydney.. who'll be left in christchurch?
    Ironic comment given that Mark Purdon has decided to stay in Christchurch and Natalie Rasmussen is also relocating to Christchurch next month. With horseman the calibre of Mark Purdon, Tim Butt, Cran Dalgety, Mark Jones, Anthony Butt, Dexter Dunn, Robert Dunn, Colin De Filippi, Anthony Butt currently operating out of Christchurch, the Canterbury region is arguably the strongest region for Harness Racing in Australasia.

Just look at Brent Lilley. Couldn't win a race in Canterbury against the quality of trainers listed above. But goes to Victoria and trains more winners in 1 season than what he did in the previous 10 in NZ.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Would love to see Christchurch get the 2014 Inter.

triplev123

Don't forget Gavin's input

Quote Originally Posted by Shakamaker View Post
    Just look at Brent Lilley. Couldn't win a race in Canterbury against the quality of trainers listed above. But goes to Victoria and trains more winners in 1 season than what he did in the previous 10 in NZ.
    [VVV] Hey Shaka, remember that when he was over in NZ he didn't have G.Lang driving the trackwork & in races. Gavin's input would be absolutely invaluable, no risk there whatsoever.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by ozninja View Post
    I thought I heard a few words on In The Gig last night that the HRNSW "Inderdominion" plan for 2013-15 had been totally rejected. Did not get all the details as I think it was Greg Hayes that started to talk about it and I just turn off whenever he opens is mouth.

Is this correct? I hear elsewhere that the HRNSW proposal was a "take it or leave it" proposal and they will not be altering their submission.

I hated it anyway , although others vehemently agree with it.

Now what ? Are both sides just trying to bluff each other for concessions ??
    [VVV] As a concept, the ID lost me a while ago. The last one I really followed closely was back when Jofess won in Perth and that was only because Tony Hilton owned the horse and he was a friend of both my Dad's and his late mate, Greg. After that...though I've been to a few of the Heats when they were conducted here in Sydney & at Newcastle...I pretty much tuned out. Personally, I think it has run its race. I'd rather see a vastly expanded GC and an Aged Pacers Division added to the Australasian Breeders Crown that revolved between cities or something like that.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Would love to see Christchurch get the 2014 Inter.
    I'm with you Mango. I hope Christchurch get it, would mean a lot.

Member Filly remington will become famous soon enough remington's Avatar
    Real Name
    joshua tinning
    Horses
    il tesoro, total control
    i dont think gavin drives trackwork or is seen around those stables
    Hey lance im pretty sure gavin is driving trackwork and providing input into how the horses are going, brent is more then happy to admit that aswell from what i have seen.

Member Yearling Shakamaker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown

shakamaker..and between all those blokes not one of them had a horse that could go with im the mightyquinn, blackie and smoken up... and chris lang is the undisputed king of trotters

purdon is only stuck there until he fixes his house after the earth quake, hes already half out the door - love to see what horse goes with natalie; maybe western cam - the owners will be backing down now shes going to somewhere where handicapping is tougher and prizemoney lower then menangle, shes out of her mind if she goes over there, go to menangle and get a steady stream of absolute topline m purdon horses and just pop over and visit mark once a fortnight to keep him smiling
    Lance - things go in cycles. On occasions like the 2011 Inter Dominion, the Australians will have the best topline horses and on other occasions the Kiwis will have the best. It ebbs and flows and things go in cycles.

It was only 12 months ago in the 2010 Inter Dominion that 6 of the 10 fianlists in the Inter Dominion were New Zealanders. That sam season Monkey King won the Miracle Mile, Bettors Strike won the Victoia Cup and Bondy won the Hunter Cup.

Even last season despite the fact that Aussies dominated the Inter Dominion, Monkey King was dominant in the NZ Cup Carnival giving Smoken Up a start and a beating. And Stunnin Cullen campaigned in Victoria winning the Hunter Cup beating another Kiwi in Smiling Shard and also took out the Ballarat Cup to boot.

+ Reply to Thread