Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: From the SMH this morning

triplev123

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    The sort of headlines that we never wanted to see in the press.

As triple and I have said elsewhere , if you are commenting here , remember that this will be a matter that may proceed to serious court action involving a lot of livelihoods , and we must remember that and not prejudice future possible court proceedings by "naming names" here and making inappropriate comments.

I know a lot of harness folk are simply furious , me included , but let's let Sam Nati and his team work though this with the relevant authorities in an orderly fashion and let justice prevail.

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    I think that this may be the dawn of a new era. Trotting has been plagued with this sort of rumour and innuendo since day dot, or at least as long as I have been involved in the sport. So with huge headlines and hopefully a successful rounding up of the scoundrels involved, remaining participants will embrace the sport with a new found enthusiasm which will hopefully encourage those that had been frightened to become involved to do so. As the old saying goes, every cloud has a silver lining.

triplev123
    As somewhat odd as it may sound right now SP, in the short to medium and hopefully in the longer term I also see this week's events as a significant positive.
    I think we'll see all sorts of trainers & drivers from all over the State & for that matter all over the Country winning races at Menangle and at other venues throughout NSW as well.
    Having gotten over at least the initial shock and disgust, I am actually very, very upbeat as far as the future of the honest participants and especially so the smaller concerns goes.
    The Owners & Trainers & Drivers that have always done the right thing and played it with a straight bat are going to have their days in the Sun, of that I'm certain.

Flashing Red
    I was skeptical when Sam Nati took the top job, but I must say I have been mighty impressed over the past few years with his dedication to NSW Harness Racing. I think he is very fair, genuinely cares about the horsepeople and really wants to make a positive and memorable contribution to the sport. Hats off to you, Sam and thank you

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Yes and he's very approachable with any problem you may have and is only too willing to help out if he can.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

triplev123
    Geeze Flashing, take it easy. Please don't start up on Hats.
    You'll give Sam ideas. He'll show up at Menangle one day in a Panama.

Senior Member Colt Mark Croatto will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mark croatto
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    I was skeptical when Sam Nati took the top job, but I must say I have been mighty impressed over the past few years with his dedication to NSW Harness Racing. I think he is very fair, genuinely cares about the horsepeople and really wants to make a positive and memorable contribution to the sport. Hats off to you, Sam and thank you
    Hi Flashing

In addition to the above he's intelligent and very perceptive. I feel confident that this whole sorry saga will see the sport improve in NSW.

Regards

Mark

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    How much of a head line will Smoken Up get if he is found positive?

I find it sad that some of these incidents are not stopped earlier, when they are first detected/suspected.

Member Yearling Shakamaker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    The news of the past few days leaves you with little confidence or faith in respect of the Integrity of NSW Harness Racing in recent times. Who knows which results are genuine and which results have been assisted by banned substances and correuption and malpractice from officials?

It has to be one of the darkest episodes in Australian Harness Racing.

+ Reply to Thread