Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Menangle Race 7 Tuesday

triplev123

Menangle Race 7 Tuesday

G'ay all,

I missed this race first time around but a mate alerted me to it.
    If you get a chance, go and watch the replay.
    After very stoutly contesting the early lead then taking hold for a trail, why does Mitchell Reese step out of the pocket again well before the half & have another go at the leader... duly hammering it from the latter part of the 2nd quarter, all throughout the 3rd quarter & into the early part of the 4th quarter (thus producing a slashing 55.6 last half for C1-C2's over 2300m) before dying in the arse in the final 300m or so?
    The present climate doesn't help matters of course but nevetheless, that looked pretty bad to me. What didn't help matters at all was the apparent willingness of the Stewards (see the report) to accept the reasons given.
    Me, well...I just don't buy it, not even for a second. You might need to take another look at that race fellas. A-W-F-U-L.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    I watched it live on Sky on Tuesday. Did not have a bet , so not talking through my pocket. However , my jaw dropped and I just shook my head when I saw the kamikaze driving tactics employed and the quite ridiculous sectionals being run in a 2300 metre race.

The stewards accepted the driver's statement as to why he drove that way , but when you look at that race overall from start to finish it makes you wonder how on earth he thought , in his wildest dreams , that he was going to have even the slightest chance of winning or running a place. I'll just leave it at that :-(

Member Yearling JCT2011 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    I have been i guess you call a 'lurker' on this forum for awhile, I am not under an alias, My name is John Toliver and I am based in Sydney.

It was an utter discgrace watching the drive of Mitchy on Encore Maestro on tuesday, Hammering out of the gate with Lous Lad, and even though it was mentioned in the stewards report that Mitchy boy beleived it was in his best interest to apply further pressure onto Lous Lad after a 32.6 quarter, WHAT A JOKE!, EM's aussie starts have shown that he is NOT a strong horse, and has been driven accordingly in his past few starts (despite being unlucky)
    Its amazing when you have certain drivers and or trainers names under the ring of fire that you really do come to realise some of these drives.
    Last edited by JCT2011; 08-12-2011 at 06:35 PM.

Junior Member Yearling doubled123 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    check whos being swabbed the most this week jct, i can already see a pattern

Member Yearling JCT2011 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    you certainly can DD...

+ Reply to Thread