Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: It is time for HRA/HRV to recognize Trainers (FOUND a Trick for problem)

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

It is time for HRA/HRV to recognize Trainers (FOUND a Trick for problem)

I have just watched the latest episode of Beyond The Gates which featured trainer Mick Hughes
    Being hearing impaired (the Captions for the video clips are appreciated but being computer generated not translated/typed by somebody - they generally fail on names) and not following the 'trotters' all that closely I was interested in who Mick's good trotter was.

I thought they said Cruisin Around so I did a HRA horse search for such a name and got off to a good start as the name existed and he was a trotter but then I remembered it was no real point in clicking on the horse's Racing Performance tab to confirm this was Mick's goodie as they only have a Driver column but nothing for the Trainer!

I have said it before and I will say it again - THIS IS BLOODY RIDICULOUS and in this day and age plain backward

Even if you click on one of the races listed the race result does not list the trainer either!

How is it that we can make video clips about Trainers to promote the sport but give their achievements so little recognition

If you are reading this thread David - we would love an answer

ps I did remember that if I did a Horse Search on HarnessWeb it will tell me who the trainer is but your average punter should be able to find this under a horse's performance. It has me puzzled how the drivers get a column but the trainers don't - last time I checked, a trainer gets more of the prizemoney so they must be doing something worth recognizing (Of course NZ leaves us for dead on this one too)

see Post 7 for a semi-solution
    Last edited by Messenger; 08-18-2021 at 02:31 AM. Reason: see
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    I agree whole heartedly. Like I always say, there should be stats too - how many they've raced, how many wins, prize money etc.

aussiebreno
    I'm waiting for them to put up tomorrows results yesterday. Fair dinkum, they don't do anything to help the fans out

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You are being sarcastic again Brendan and I understand that you think they are making it too easy for the punters who are not prepared to do the work themselves
    BUT asking for a Trainers column in a horse's performance table is not that much to ask
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Just for interest, non punting, knowing who trained the horse would be handy.

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    I agree whole heartedly. Like I always say, there should be stats too - how many they've raced, how many wins, prize money etc.
    I agree with this as well.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I have found a trick to bring up Trainers for horses no longer racing
    I am somewhat flabbergasted that you can do it, for it further shows how ridiculous it is that it is not available under Racing Performance when you do a HRA Online Horse Search

The search page you see when you click on a current horse in the Fields or Results (not the one you see when you do a HRA Online search) has a box above the horse's name that says SEARCH AGAIN and it takes you to a blank page where you can enter the name of the horse of interest and see the trainer too.

It looks like the pic below (and you will see that I have used an example of an old horse and that it has the Trainer!)

This is the direct link here but you might want to save it to bookmarks as otherwise I have only been able to find it via the convoluted path of searching/clicking on a current horse

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/horse-search/?search

We still want HRA to update their HRA Online Search to include Trainers

ps One other convoluted way for horses from the last 20yrs or so, is to note one the horses performances and look up that date in Results but to see if there was ever a change of trainer you are going to be mucking around looking up lots of results
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Messenger; 08-18-2021 at 01:26 AM. Reason: PS
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I received a reply from Andrew Kellly and he agrees that no trainers' column is a shortcoming but it is not an easy fix apparently and it may have to wait for larger plans to overhaul all of the data into a new technology
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I received a reply from Andrew Kellly and he agrees that no trainers' column is a shortcoming but it is not an easy fix apparently and it may have to wait for larger plans to overhaul all of the data into a new technology
    We've been waiting two decades now, no need to rush into these things.

+ Reply to Thread