Roll With Joe

Thread: It is time for HRA/HRV to recognize Trainers (FOUND a Trick for problem)

Threaded View

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

It is time for HRA/HRV to recognize Trainers (FOUND a Trick for problem)

I have just watched the latest episode of Beyond The Gates which featured trainer Mick Hughes
    Being hearing impaired (the Captions for the video clips are appreciated but being computer generated not translated/typed by somebody - they generally fail on names) and not following the 'trotters' all that closely I was interested in who Mick's good trotter was.

I thought they said Cruisin Around so I did a HRA horse search for such a name and got off to a good start as the name existed and he was a trotter but then I remembered it was no real point in clicking on the horse's Racing Performance tab to confirm this was Mick's goodie as they only have a Driver column but nothing for the Trainer!

I have said it before and I will say it again - THIS IS BLOODY RIDICULOUS and in this day and age plain backward

Even if you click on one of the races listed the race result does not list the trainer either!

How is it that we can make video clips about Trainers to promote the sport but give their achievements so little recognition

If you are reading this thread David - we would love an answer

ps I did remember that if I did a Horse Search on HarnessWeb it will tell me who the trainer is but your average punter should be able to find this under a horse's performance. It has me puzzled how the drivers get a column but the trainers don't - last time I checked, a trainer gets more of the prizemoney so they must be doing something worth recognizing (Of course NZ leaves us for dead on this one too)

see Post 7 for a semi-solution
    Last edited by Messenger; 08-18-2021 at 02:31 AM. Reason: see
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI