Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Stabling area and the general public

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Unhappy The Stabling area and the general public

I wasn't going to start a new thread for this one but I have as it does not really belong under Stewards Reports (where it has been touched on previously)

I spent much of my day at the Stawell Cup in the stabling area. I did have a 'One Race Meeting Stable Access Pass' but I was still technically breaking the rules as the fine print on the card states that I must be accompanied by a HRV Licensee or Official Rep at all times

Stawell stables are not the roomiest and therefore not all that conducive to hosting the general public but don't we want this to happen (in a regulated way - a designated pathway)

Why else do clubs have special signs made to adorn the stalls of runners in their Cups? Surely this is for the benefit/interest of the general public
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    We had a galloper once, Swift Pago, that we nursed back from a badly bowed tendon to race at Ascot. We drove up from Busselton to see him race and I remember even as a wee girl being SO annoyed that we weren't allowed to go see him in the stalls like we could with our trotters. Like you say Kev, they could build a pathway behind a fence that runs along the stall area so the public can see the horses. It'd be great for the public to see horses like Lazarus or Lenny up close. Perhaps they could have a contest every meeting for a meet and greet with a horse. Kids would eat that up

Our local Busso trots doesn't have any kind of barrier or fence and it's great. Anyone can go and say hi to the dobbins, with the only risk being accidental swallowing of a dungbeetle *vomit*

Member Filly allanjg will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    allan gee
    how did you get the " one day stable access pass" kev.i looked up the hrv site but could find no info. about them.i did google it and i came up with an owners access pass which i think is a different item as it gets you into all the race meetings that your horse would be at.also a fare bit of mucking around to get them....
    also kev i have just renewed my stable hand licence and it costs a lot more than $99 [let it lapse 3 yrs ago] $29 for a police check,$16.80 passport photo and the cost of a money order as i don`t have a cheque book.cheaper if your under 18yo.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I think/know it was a mistake Alan and I will pm you as I don't want to get anyone into trouble
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread