Eastman pleads guilty

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Adaptor View Post
    Fractional odds continues to die.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adaptor View Post
    Sorry, but I can't see the conga line forming is dancing to a happy harness racing new year.

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Leopards don't change their spots. What has come out of this story is the lengths of desperation some people will go to just to win a few hundred bucks.

As long-deceased trainer mate of mine once said to me when I was questioning why a colleague had done something so pathetically silly and ruined his career: "You can't educate mugs!"

The needy and the greedy continue to tarnish our game.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Showgrounds View Post
    Leopards don't change their spots. What has come out of this story is the lengths of desperation some people will go to just to win a few hundred bucks.

As long-deceased trainer mate of mine once said to me when I was questioning why a colleague had done something so pathetically silly and ruined his career: "You can't educate mugs!"

The needy and the greedy continue to tarnish our game.
    1000% correct, the people who do these things are VERY VERY rarely innocents who have made a mistake, they are the people who are pushing the boundaries at every possible opportunity. And they are collectively ruining the game for the 95% of honest people....shits me big time.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    1000% correct, the people who do these things are VERY VERY rarely innocents who have made a mistake, they are the people who are pushing the boundaries at every possible opportunity. And they are collectively ruining the game for the 95% of honest people....shits me big time.
    If it is true that Leopards don't change their spots as Trev suggests, then I fear Dan that the boundary pushers percentage could be as high as 25%, maybe more. If you look at the participants in some fields (in Vic) you can sometimes see more than 25% of them have been suspended at one time or another for serious infringements and sadly there are others one merely suspects.

Among those I cannot help but suspect are those who maintain working relationships with known offenders.

Fans of harness racing cannot help but feel gutted by recent events/news

I can understand the powers that be, might wish that these stories do not get much coverage, for I would hate to be the one responsible for damage control

It is a good thing Aussies are crazy gamblers, mostly without much study and thought - it is racing's saving grace

I was just thinking I forgot to buy a Powerball ticket for tonight's jackpot - what would be the likelihood of anyone wanting to if we found out that the random draw was not on the up and up

ps Sadly IMO this has seriously tarnished the achievements of horses like Menin Gate and Milly Perez
    Last edited by Messenger; 12-22-2017 at 01:54 AM. Reason: ps
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I am afraid that Larry Eastman has done serious damage to not only his reputation but also the industry for even though the average punter may not even read about it, the honest participants can only take so much

We could talk about integrity in general without ever naming an offender but did they ever think about others in the industry when they chose to break the rules
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    If it is true that Leopards don't change their spots as Trev suggests, then I fear Dan that the boundary pushers percentage could be as high as 25%, maybe more. If you look at the participants in some fields (in Vic) you can sometimes see more than 25% of them have been suspended at one time or another for serious infringements and sadly there are others one merely suspects.

Among those I cannot help but suspect are those who maintain working relationships with known offenders.

I can understand the powers that be, might wish that these stories do not get much coverage, for I would hate to be the one responsible for damage control

It is a good thing Aussies are crazy gamblers, mostly without much study and thought - it is racing's saving grace

I was just thinking I forgot to buy a Powerball ticket for tonight's jackpot - what would be the likelihood of anyone wanting to if we found out that the random draw was not on the up and up

ps Sadly IMO this has seriously tarnished the achievements of horses like Menin Gate and Milly Perez
    Strongly agree. No longer can we say 99% or 95% are doing the right thing. In addition to the participants in trouble there are participants who flew under my radar that are supporting the wrongdoers on social media. They could be doing the right thing themselves but that support for wrong doers leaves a sour taste in your mouth. Makes me wonder why seemingly clean participants aren't in support of a clean industry.
    Last edited by aussiebreno; 12-22-2017 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Spelling

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Originally Posted by Messenger If it is true that Leopards don't change their spots as Trev suggests, then I fear Dan that the boundary pushers percentage could be as high as 25%, maybe more. If you look at the participants in some fields (in Vic) you can sometimes see more than 25% of them have been suspended at one time or another for serious infringements and sadly there are others one merely suspects.

Originally Posted by aussiebreno
    Strongly agree. No longer can we say 99% or 95% are doing the right thing. In addition to the participants in trouble their are participants who flew under my radar that are supporting the wrongdoers on social media. They could be doing the right thing themselves but that support for wrong doers leaves a sour taste in your mouth. Makes me wonder why seemingly clean participants aren't in support of a clean industry.

Agree with both posts. Am leaning toward the higher percentage as well unfortunately. If you combine what both Kev and Breno have said with reduced participation rates, that is which participants have walked away, unfortunately the maths means it's no longer 99 or 95%

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Re Kev's - If you look at the participants in some fields (in Vic) you can sometimes see more than 25% of them have been suspended at one time or another for serious infringements.

One participant's view - At home you do the form for a race you're in. All good. In the parade ring you're checking out the colours then it dawns on you. In a 9 horse field six of the horses are trained or driven by convicted, TCO2 or serious offenders. Sure, there's one stable that has two runners but through your eyes you're now only seeing red. That sour taste doesn't go near describing it. What's the percentage there?

Another view, another race day - Ensuring consistent form you finish down the track. Better luck next time, you're used to that. BUT what we don't need is one of the number of convicted TCO2 trainers "consoling" us with "you guys should win a race" What immediately springs to mind?
    That racing rule that controls your fists.

What springs to mind right now, the referee's count - one, two, three and you're out, gone forever!

+ Reply to Thread