Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Victorian Interdominion

Senior Member 2YO Njcstables will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Cahir
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    David, I accept where the heats are being held and have been clear that I think they should all be at Melton. I just can't see the logic in not giving Cranbourne the week night heat as I have explained. Negativity and facts are two different things.
    If I wasn't concerned for the future of our sport I wouldn't bother commenting or pouring thousands of dollars a year into it. You did ask for suggestions and with all respect in my time in the sport I have seen many people in your position come and go . Many just using the position to advance their political aspirations and having little regard for the mess they leave behind. The ID is a big chance to attract new people to the sport and I don't want it wasted. As you can see on this forum and on twitter I am not alone. People on these forums are the industry and we continue to only hear about major decisions after they have been made.
    Rick from a horsemans perspective a midweek heat at Cranbourne would be a disaster. No one wants to travel horses to Cranbourne midweek with the traffic problems. I think Cranbourne on a Saturday is by far the best option.

As far as the the two tracks are concerned, I think hrv have picked the two best managed clubs in the state, both of which have the capacity and capabilities to cater for a big crowd.

As for the sprint lane issue. I don't think Ballarat will allow one and nor should they. I think It will actually enhance the challenge of winning an ID. Three heats at varying distances and at varying tracks followed by a final- the winner will have earned their place in history!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by Njcstables View Post
    Rick from a horsemans perspective a midweek heat at Cranbourne would be a disaster. No one wants to travel horses to Cranbourne midweek with the traffic problems. I think Cranbourne on a Saturday is by far the best option.

As far as the the two tracks are concerned, I think hrv have picked the two best managed clubs in the state, both of which have the capacity and capabilities to cater for a big crowd.

As for the sprint lane issue. I don't think Ballarat will allow one and nor should they. I think It will actually enhance the challenge of winning an ID. Three heats at varying distances and at varying tracks followed by a final- the winner will have earned their place in history!
    Hear hear Njc

Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Wayne, I think it's human nature to like/expect consistency.
    Imagine if the in the AFL finals they paid 9pts for a 50m goal at every ground except the MCG.
    The punters bemoaning "If we had been playing interstate. ....."
    Stretching it Kev

A toss up for the decision makers, on the one hand the opportunity for possibly a greater spectacle, more moves, more action without the sprint lane.
    In this context I think "we're" starting to move on with expectation/consistency/acceptance.
    Thinking of a marketing jingle...both the Pacers & Trotters, both sprint lane and no sprint lane...how about Supernaut https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPabA2sVxn0 What do you think Kev?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Njc, horseman coming from the east of the state would say Ballarat mid week is also a disaster. I would assume all decisions about the clubs that got the heats and what nights they got were decided by who would provide the most money. Anyway all the important decisions have been made and there's nothing we can do about them.
    Don't die wondering !

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    Hear hear Njc

Stretching it Kev

A toss up for the decision makers, on the one hand the opportunity for possibly a greater spectacle, more moves, more action without the sprint lane.
    In this context I think "we're" starting to move on with expectation/consistency/acceptance.
    Thinking of a marketing jingle...both the Pacers & Trotters, both sprint lane and no sprint lane...how about Supernaut https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPabA2sVxn0 What do you think Kev?
    I am thinking just nought
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Cranbourne Cup has dropped from $100K in 2016 to $75K last year to $50K this year.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Cranbourne Cup has dropped from $100K in 2016 to $75K last year to $50K this year.
    Kilmore has probably dropped over same period. Horsham has cut theirs too but I think that money has been spread across the season. HRV funds each Cup equally (used to be the first $8000 of each Cup but has changed to a sliding structure). After a certain amount the rest is self funded by the club so these savings might either be getting spent elsewhere on stakes or perhaps the savings are necessary ones for the business.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Amlin View Post
    Kilmore has probably dropped over same period. Horsham has cut theirs too but I think that money has been spread across the season. HRV funds each Cup equally (used to be the first $8000 of each Cup but has changed to a sliding structure). After a certain amount the rest is self funded by the club so these savings might either be getting spent elsewhere on stakes or perhaps the savings are necessary ones for the business.
    No Kilmore dropped a number of years ago and not quite so dramatic. Actually risen since they changed the timeslot. Horsham has been consistent for a number of years.
    Reason Cranbourne is interesting is the earlier talk in this thread about making Cranbourne a bigger club.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    No Kilmore dropped a number of years ago and not quite so dramatic. Actually risen since they changed the timeslot. Horsham has been consistent for a number of years.
    Reason Cranbourne is interesting is the earlier talk in this thread about making Cranbourne a bigger club.
    Horsham goes from $70,000 last year to $50,000 this year with a change of timeslot. If these savings don't get reallocated by the club onto other races, we run the risk of seeing a drop in total stakes being given away for the year, unless HRV can dip into their own funds for extra races when noms allow, which then runs the risk of eating into profit (unless those extra races are run at $3500 as they make money of course)!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The Cranbourne cup jumped from $60k to $100k in 2010 and got Im Themightyquinn but it only lasted 6 years. Once there was no cup in 2015 and the date changed to early 2016 (the last $100k cup), the field quality declined and so has the prize.

It is all about dates - to twist the saying: if you are only getting monkeys you can pay peanuts. Sorry it sounds disrespectful but this date does not work into the grand circuit calendar anymore

http://classicfamilies.net/cf/Classi...px?RaceID=1048
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Amlin View Post
    Horsham goes from $70,000 last year to $50,000 this year with a change of timeslot. If these savings don't get reallocated by the club onto other races, we run the risk of seeing a drop in total stakes being given away for the year, unless HRV can dip into their own funds for extra races when noms allow, which then runs the risk of eating into profit (unless those extra races are run at $3500 as they make money of course)!
    Has been hovering between $60 and $70 so a drop to $50K so the drop not as drastic. Also irrelevant as the relevance and point of posting that Cranbourne is dropping prizemoney has nothing to do with the ability to add extra races, but that IF there is talk within HRV of expanding the sport on that side of Melbourne than having the Cup prizemoney reduced doesn't bode well for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    The Cranbourne cup jumped from $60k to $100k in 2010 and got Im Themightyquinn but it only lasted 6 years. Once there was no cup in 2015 and the date changed to early 2016 (the last $100k cup), the field quality declined and so has the prize.

It is all about dates - to twist the saying: if you are only getting monkeys you can pay peanuts. Sorry it sounds disrespectful but this date does not work into the grand circuit calendar anymore

http://classicfamilies.net/cf/Classi...px?RaceID=1048
    Thanks Kev good point, timing and class drop can explain the drop in prizemoney (albeit Lenny and maybe even Kung Fu may have showed up for $100K?) However, IF there is talk within HRV of expanding the sport on that side of Melbourne should the date and prizemoney have been changed?

+ Reply to Thread