Thread: 2018 Victorian Interdominion

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I know Ray Chaplin of Equine Excellence has been pushing for a return of the Trotters Inter too.
    Although the link mentions Melbourne will align a feature trotting event with the Inter in 2018, it would be good if they could have a Trotters Inter running along with the pacers by 2021
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Yearling Pogga will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stephen Salter
    Horses
    Tact Tate, We Meet Again, Jessies Girl,
    My excitement turns to disappointment of the Interdom returning to Victoria. Why mess with the format?! Because of cost? 3 heats & a final, the reason why the Interdom was/is such a mighty race. Im sure it'll still be a success but as a harness lover & a massive fan of the Interdom, the traditional format is what has made legends of our sport. Anyway, thats my whinge.. Onto finding a winner at Shepparton tonight...

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Pogga View Post
    My excitement turns to disappointment of the Interdom returning to Victoria. Why mess with the format?! Because of cost? 3 heats & a final, the reason why the Interdom was/is such a mighty race. Im sure it'll still be a success but as a harness lover & a massive fan of the Interdom, the traditional format is what has made legends of our sport. Anyway, thats my whinge.. Onto finding a winner at Shepparton tonight...
    What makes you think there will not be 3 heats & a final Stephen?
    David Martin mentioned that there would be non-Melton heats prior to the final on Dec 15

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...ctoria-in-2018
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Stephen Salter
    Horses
    confirmed on radio this morning. 2 non Melton heats with a Melton final..

Real Name
    Stephen Salter
    Horses
    "HRV boss David Martin confirms to us on @RSN927 there will be two rounds of Interdom heats in Victoria next year and BOTH will be held away from Melton. Great chance for two other clubs"

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thanks Stephen. I wonder why they are doing themselves out of money by shortening the event
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Thanks Stephen. I wonder why they are doing themselves out of money by shortening the event
    This is great news. Remember the huge crowds at Victorian Interdom finals?

Perfect opportunity for 2 country clubs and the local tourism organizations ( like Events Bendigo) to draw crowds to showcase what really is the keynote harness racing event in the Southern hemisphere.

Seeing the final is at Melton which has a sprint lane, then, for consistency, the tracks without sprint lanes need not apply ! ( There is one that starts with B and ends in t)
    Central Victorian venues seem obvious, but Cranbourne with the huge population and live-wire organization might be a chance.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Shepparton and Ballarat, two of the fairest tracks and crowds close to the action.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I cannot have Ballarat either Noel. You either have a sprint lane for the series or you don't

I hope you all had an afternoon kip so that you can stay up past midnight tonight
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread