Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
David, I accept where the heats are being held and have been clear that I think they should all be at Melton. I just can't see the logic in not giving Cranbourne the week night heat as I have explained. Negativity and facts are two different things.
If I wasn't concerned for the future of our sport I wouldn't bother commenting or pouring thousands of dollars a year into it. You did ask for suggestions and with all respect in my time in the sport I have seen many people in your position come and go . Many just using the position to advance their political aspirations and having little regard for the mess they leave behind. The ID is a big chance to attract new people to the sport and I don't want it wasted. As you can see on this forum and on twitter I am not alone. People on these forums are the industry and we continue to only hear about major decisions after they have been made.
Rick from a horsemans perspective a midweek heat at Cranbourne would be a disaster. No one wants to travel horses to Cranbourne midweek with the traffic problems. I think Cranbourne on a Saturday is by far the best option.

As far as the the two tracks are concerned, I think hrv have picked the two best managed clubs in the state, both of which have the capacity and capabilities to cater for a big crowd.

As for the sprint lane issue. I don't think Ballarat will allow one and nor should they. I think It will actually enhance the challenge of winning an ID. Three heats at varying distances and at varying tracks followed by a final- the winner will have earned their place in history!