Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: 2018 Victorian Interdominion

Senior Member Colt Njcstables will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Cahir
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    David, I accept where the heats are being held and have been clear that I think they should all be at Melton. I just can't see the logic in not giving Cranbourne the week night heat as I have explained. Negativity and facts are two different things.
    If I wasn't concerned for the future of our sport I wouldn't bother commenting or pouring thousands of dollars a year into it. You did ask for suggestions and with all respect in my time in the sport I have seen many people in your position come and go . Many just using the position to advance their political aspirations and having little regard for the mess they leave behind. The ID is a big chance to attract new people to the sport and I don't want it wasted. As you can see on this forum and on twitter I am not alone. People on these forums are the industry and we continue to only hear about major decisions after they have been made.
    Rick from a horsemans perspective a midweek heat at Cranbourne would be a disaster. No one wants to travel horses to Cranbourne midweek with the traffic problems. I think Cranbourne on a Saturday is by far the best option.

As far as the the two tracks are concerned, I think hrv have picked the two best managed clubs in the state, both of which have the capacity and capabilities to cater for a big crowd.

As for the sprint lane issue. I don't think Ballarat will allow one and nor should they. I think It will actually enhance the challenge of winning an ID. Three heats at varying distances and at varying tracks followed by a final- the winner will have earned their place in history!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by Njcstables View Post
    Rick from a horsemans perspective a midweek heat at Cranbourne would be a disaster. No one wants to travel horses to Cranbourne midweek with the traffic problems. I think Cranbourne on a Saturday is by far the best option.

As far as the the two tracks are concerned, I think hrv have picked the two best managed clubs in the state, both of which have the capacity and capabilities to cater for a big crowd.

As for the sprint lane issue. I don't think Ballarat will allow one and nor should they. I think It will actually enhance the challenge of winning an ID. Three heats at varying distances and at varying tracks followed by a final- the winner will have earned their place in history!
    Hear hear Njc

Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Wayne, I think it's human nature to like/expect consistency.
    Imagine if the in the AFL finals they paid 9pts for a 50m goal at every ground except the MCG.
    The punters bemoaning "If we had been playing interstate. ....."
    Stretching it Kev

A toss up for the decision makers, on the one hand the opportunity for possibly a greater spectacle, more moves, more action without the sprint lane.
    In this context I think "we're" starting to move on with expectation/consistency/acceptance.
    Thinking of a marketing jingle...both the Pacers & Trotters, both sprint lane and no sprint lane...how about Supernaut https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPabA2sVxn0 What do you think Kev?

Senior Member 3YO gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Forever And A Day.
    Njc, horseman coming from the east of the state would say Ballarat mid week is also a disaster. I would assume all decisions about the clubs that got the heats and what nights they got were decided by who would provide the most money. Anyway all the important decisions have been made and there's nothing we can do about them.
    Don't die wondering !

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    Hear hear Njc

Stretching it Kev

A toss up for the decision makers, on the one hand the opportunity for possibly a greater spectacle, more moves, more action without the sprint lane.
    In this context I think "we're" starting to move on with expectation/consistency/acceptance.
    Thinking of a marketing jingle...both the Pacers & Trotters, both sprint lane and no sprint lane...how about Supernaut https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPabA2sVxn0 What do you think Kev?
    I am thinking just nought
    The Thin Green Line - Supporting the Rangers who protect the world's endangered animals against poachers

+ Reply to Thread