Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Victorian Interdominion

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    That would mean Ballarat shouldn't run Breeders Crown or Super Sires heats??

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    True
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I know Ray Chaplin of Equine Excellence has been pushing for a return of the Trotters Inter too.
    Although the link mentions Melbourne will align a feature trotting event with the Inter in 2018, it would be good if they could have a Trotters Inter running along with the pacers by 2021

The Great Southern Star, with the two heat format influencing the pacers only having two heats?

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    Isn't the concept of group racing to pit the best against the best? Always has been for as long as I can remember in all spheres of racing.
    Austalian, and for that matter Nth American or European have always been welcome to compete in Group events down under.
    NZ even sets aside a space in each heat of the JEWELS specifically for and Austalian entry. WE want to see your best and our best competing at that elite level.

Also as an aside..
    It is the intention of NZ clubs and HRNZ to bring back a Trotters ID championship. Afterall the official title of the Interdoms was and still is..."Interdominion PACING AND TROTTING Championship".
    They will be at Group level and all will be welcome.

Any talk of which ID format, heats and finals, teecee?

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    We used to run 3 sets of heats and final. Then we had heats on the first two nights with the final on the third night.
    I hear that these are again the options for the NZ series but I have heard nothing to suggest one over the other. Suffice to say it will be a multi rounds of heats and a Grand Final as it was a few decades ago.
    Many of our best races as a spectacle are the Trotters and NZ wants to showcase them in the Inters again. We hope that Victoria and NSW will come to the party as they along with NZ host the Interdoms for at least the next 9 years possibly longer.
    Last edited by teecee; 11-26-2017 at 06:44 PM.

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    We used to run 3 sets of heats and final. Then we had heats on the first two nights with the final on the third night.
    I hear that these are again the options for the NZ series but I have heard nothing to suggest one over the other. Suffice to say it will be a multi rounds of heats and a Grand Final as it was a few decades ago.
    Many of our best races as a spectacle are the Trotters and NZ wants to showcase them in the Inters again. We hope that Victoria and NSW will come to the party as they along with NZ host the Interdoms for at least the next 9 years possibly longer.
    People would have to agree Victoria hasn't neglected the trotters with the introduction of the Great Southern Star filling the void. Victoria has stepped up to the plate.
    However, I couldn't imagine Victoria now being able to run both. The Star is dropped when Vic host the I D Trotters Championship?

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    I know Ray Chaplin of Equine Excellence has been pushing for a return of the Trotters Inter too.
    Although the link mentions Melbourne will align a feature trotting event with the Inter in 2018, it would be good if they could have a Trotters Inter running along with the pacers by 2021
    HRA - Michael Taranto Elected HRA Chair
    http://www.harness.org.au/media-room...?news_id=35731

Could very well mean a trotters championship next year.

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    I switched over to 7mate and it is good stuff - it will be even better exposure when the Inter is on the East coast
    Although a national telecaster, wouldn't be a given 7mate/seven west media would show the I D in an eastern state? The viewing numbers and courting the seven execs will be important no doubt.

Word has it three rounds of heats next year, two regional, one at Melton. Would be bigger gross crowd numbers with two regional heats rather than all at Melton? A rhetorical question?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Agreed Wayne, if profit was the aim, the whole series at Melton would be the go
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Pogga View Post
    "HRV boss David Martin confirms to us on @RSN927 there will be two rounds of Interdom heats in Victoria next year and BOTH will be held away from Melton. Great chance for two other clubs"
    It has now been decided that there will be 3 rounds of heats in Vic in 2018

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...ounds-of-Heats
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread