Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Victorian Interdominion

Member Gelding David Martin will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    David Martin
    Victorian Clubs have until COB on Jan 12 to make their submissions for hosting the 2 nights of non-Melton ID heats. Who do you think should nominate and why?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Well I can't see how Ballarat could have heats without a sprint lane, and Cranbourne is a nightmare to get to so I say anywhere but those two clubs.
    I bet it will be Bendigo and Ballarat !
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    I'm in support of a Shepparton bid, one of the fairest racing circuits. The club is proven in hosting a main attraction, who can forget Courage Under Fire coming to the Goulburn Valley.
    Covers the northern and eastern parts of the State, reaching into the north central and central. Draws on the populous to the south and north along the Hume Freeway including those from the southern Riverina of NSW who are attracted to the Albury meetings.
    An easy drive from Melbourne along multilane freeways. If you do need a little break, the banks of the Nagambie Lakes with the statue of Black Caviar looking over mum, dad and the kids to get everyone geed up.
    I could go on 'smiles' but a bid, submission content, would be dependant on whether you are hosting the midweek heat or Friday/Saturday evening round? Therefore the attractions of the area to entice newcomers might be strategically different. Irrespective of which night, if one of the aims was to re-energise the grassroots, the breeding component of the sport, where is the biggest nursery in the State?
    Did someone just mention guided stud tours of the Goulburn Valley which would be pre yearling sales?

Re: Ballarat - it may be so obvious I can't see but why can't Ballarat, without a sprint lane, host a round? If it's about newcomers not being able to comprehend/accept - aren't we lacking variety? Although not primarily known as a punting sport, (the advertising?) AFL is played on grounds with their idiosyncrasies.
    Would people suggest Ballarat shouldn't host the Breeders Crown or Sires heats or semis as they are promotional year in year out?

Member Yearling Pogga will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stephen Salter
    Horses
    Tact Tate, We Meet Again, Jessies Girl,
    IMO, you can still host the Interdom on tracks with sprint lanes BUT take them out for the Interdom! WA removed the sprint lane for the Bunbury heats, no reason why they can't be removed in Vic. I don't want to make it a 'sprint lane' thread but get rid of the friggen things, especially for the Interdom!

Member Yearling Pogga will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stephen Salter
    Horses
    Tact Tate, We Meet Again, Jessies Girl,
    Quote Originally Posted by David Martin View Post
    Victorian Clubs have until COB on Jan 12 to make their submissions for hosting the 2 nights of non-Melton ID heats. Who do you think should nominate and why?
    I think Shepparton deserves one just for the weight of numbers they have supporting each race meet & the club no matter the time of year.. Ballarat the other, host the best cup night (just my opinion of course ) and deserve the right to host a heat night. Guaranteed bumper crowds!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    If Melton is our new headquarters why wouldn't all heats and finals be held there. That should give the best attendance and turnover. It should have the best facilities, oh wait, it doesn't have a covered grandstand and the parade ring is hidden and it's a traffic nightmare to get to !
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by David Martin View Post

Wondering how the submission process is going David?

Senior Member Colt Yabbie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Carol Bass
    Occupation
    Paralegal
    Commercial recommendations will go to the next Board meeting which I believe is next week
    Cheers All

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Thanks Carol

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    Thanks Carol

So....what are our informed guesses for the 2 country Interdom venues ??

I'm hoping Bendigo, as the COGB, Events Bendigo and Bendigo Tourism have been able to promote and stage great events (like the Marilyn Monroe exhibition at the Art Galley) that have drawn, and accomodate in a range of Airbnbs, Hotels and Motels huge crowds from across the Australia, as well as International visitors, and the public transport is well oiled, particularly VLine. The racetrack is the best in the country, possibly better than Melton.

But I wonder if Ballarat would install a sprint lane to get the event? And based on attendance and betting turnover, Ballarat Cup night was a cracker.

I guess Shepparton as it's the center of the breeding industry and has a large number of trainers based around the area. Yhey may be limited by the accomodation on offer.

Can't see any others outside these three.
    Last edited by Adaptor; 01-31-2018 at 03:05 PM.

+ Reply to Thread