Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: IDEAS on how we can improve Harness Racing

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Prioritize Integrity

From the Qld carnival, the stewards finally handed down their verdict this week regarding their Oaks and Mick Stanley got away with only a fine for kicking his horse in the home straight to try and gain an advantage
    (see Stewards News thread for details)

So come Saturday, what do HRV do - they make him co-presenter for tonight's metro meet at Ballarat tonight

We have a culture problem (acceptance of), no wonder we are about to have another scandal or two rock the sport
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    To encourage participant interest and interaction with the sport, they should have a horse gearing contest using a full set of harness including boots and those plastic horses they model horse rugs on. Aim is speed to gear up the horse and proper fit.
    Level 1 is non-horse people with no instructions, Level 2 is non-horse people with instructions, Level 3 is harness industry people. Film it and use it for promotion. It would be hilarious and so easy to go viral

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Reckon I'd be a chance at that Katie. Plenty of practice in the dark, in freezing weather and under the weather!

Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    At 583kb, a screenshot of this tweet is too large to post but isnt this photo lovely. Someone posted to give the kid a horseshoe which is the cheapest, easiest most loveliest way of creating good sentiment with a family and future generations. Will it happen?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Glouceste...99613592166402

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    This is the image KT is referring to
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    This is the image KT is referring to
    The actual tweet posted by Gloucester Park read: "Every Tuesday without doubt these regulars are here to watch the first 2-3 races. Here's hoping son picks up the reins #thanksdad #harnessracing"

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Yirribee Pacing Stud is up for sale
    I have placed it in this thread as it is interesting to read Rod Woodhouse's thoughts on the stallion levy

"I’m the first to say when the levy was first mentioned, I was against it.

“But when you stop and think about it, we should’ve done it 15-20 years ago and we’d be in a better place as an industry.

“When I thought about it, over the past 10 years we’ve probably sent hundreds of millions of dollars offshore and it’s just not sustainable. If we continue to do that, we’ll end-up down the gurgler and won’t have an industry.”

“There’s going to be some short-term pain for long term gain."

http://www.harness.org.au/media-room...?news_id=51973
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I was in Horsham today but did not feel the urge to go to the trots
    I may ofen be a critical fan but I don't think anybody doubts I am a harness fan so what is wrong with our product when a fan is in the neighbourhood but does not bother to go
    I think in Horsham's case (and others like it), it is first and foremost the track inside the gallops track does absolutely nothing for me
    Ways that this can be partly offset is to provide that closeness in the parade ring (the mounting yard is the thing I like most at the gallops) but as is often the case, when I was at Horsham last month, the horses spent no time in the parade ring - not even the one out the back near the stables, they came out of the barn and headed straight for the track. At little tracks like Stawell (where I find they actually do spend time in the parade ring) it does not matter so much as the small track provides the up close experience, including while they are warming up

I want the trots to reign again so we have to come up with some ideas. I don't know whether a Million dollar slots race like NZ are trying would do it because I am not sure it would be a big enough deal in Oz (the Inter has at times had massive prizemoney but that does not seem to have done the trick)

How could we get a Netflix series made about some of our participants, Drive To Survive has totally reinvigorated F1
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    I am thinking of going to Warragul on Sunday for the Cup meeting. I have no interest in any of the runners but it is an intimate venue with top class facilities and all the features lacking at venues with trotting tracks inside the gallops tracks, ie, Cranbourne, Yarra Glen, Kilmore, Swan Hill (Nyah track still looks great) and Horsham. Kilmore, for example, used to be a great day out but redevoping the track to 1000 metres just put the horses further away.

Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    Service beats food any time. There are restaurants with the most divine food but rude service and I'll never go back. Restaurants can have an amazing server place dog food in the table and I'd be back.

People want to feel something.

+ Reply to Thread