Quote Originally Posted by KTQ View Post
I was watching one of the races that was implicated in the NZ arrests today and I realised harness racing is just so ... dull. Compared to the Gallops' vibrant silks, grass and fashion, harness racing looks like it was filmed with a potato and aired through a black and white TV with a bent aerial.

How can you get excited about something that looks so goddam DATED? Millennials want flashy, new, bright, tech forward entertainment. Not some old man rambling off a bunch of horses going round and round in grey and off white.
And Australia doesn't even have as many close ups as NZ does (thanks to their split screen). I have always said that the gallop's green grass is a much better backdrop than grit.
The gallops without all the gear let you see that horses are beautiful animals but close-ups of our trotters should be able to come close. Some stables have introduced more colour like the Tritton's fluoro pink
I have found watching Vic races in a much higher definition (and assisted by my computer screen being smaller and me closer) a big improvement on Sky