Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: IDEAS on how we can improve Harness Racing

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Interesting to see 3 heats of 7 for the Battle of the Claimers at Melton tomorrow night instead of 2 heats of 10/11 - obviously the number crunchers disagree with Bob Pandolfo in regards to full fields (see post 49)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt alphastud will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Richard .
    Occupation
    1300 078 237
    Horses
    TIGER TARA NZ $3,500, LIVE OR DIE USA
    Help Bankstown Paceway. - recently, they've done a terrific job increasing field sizes and races since with a few new initiatives (since the start of the August.)

Unfortunately, they were let down tonight by 1. a poor track that failed with a few mm of rain and 2. both the mobile barrier gate and reserve mobile barrier gate breaking down. The meeting was abandoned after a few races.

It's very frustrating to have your time wasted because of disruptions that could have been avoided.

They need to quickly improve the track surface and the camber. ... and better maintain the mobile barrier gates / cars.

The big draw card are the TUZA HR-X 3 horse float nominators giveaway and a group of the nicest old ladies offering scones, sandwiches and hot beverages to trainers, drivers and owners.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Interesting to see 3 heats of 7 for the Battle of the Claimers at Melton tomorrow night instead of 2 heats of 10/11 - obviously the number crunchers disagree with Bob Pandolfo in regards to full fields (see post 49)
    Better to get a cut of $45,000 turnover across three races than $40,000 across two perhaps

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Bad luck for all the people like myself that don't bet on fields with less than 8 runners. Maybe they need to pay a place div back to 3rd for 7 horse fields.
    Don't die wondering !

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I hope Maryborough are providing entertainment or free afternoon tea between R5 and R6 today as there is over 40 mins between these two races even allowing for the running time of R5

To be fair, for the early birds there was less than 25 mins between R1 and R2

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...&fromstate=vic
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    I have noticed that day meetings only get around 60% of the turnover of night meetings. So if we shifted the Monday day meetings in Vic to night meetings we would increase turnover . Is it just Sky racing that wont allow night meetings on Mondays ? Would make sense to always have a night meeting and only the second meeting of the day be during the day.
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Is Mondays Doggies night/territory?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Is Mondays Doggies night/territory?
    Every night seems to be doggy night. We can't just let them have Monday nights.
    I see HRV bragging that turnover was up at the Breeders Crown meeting compared to last years. Just shifting it from a day meeting to a night meeting should have increased turnover by more than what was achieved. Could hardly call that a win.
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Rick, I meant that I thought Monday (and Thursday) was a traditional doggies night and so you would have to convince Sky as sadly we rate behind the doggies now
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    I was watching one of the races that was implicated in the NZ arrests today and I realised harness racing is just so ... dull. Compared to the Gallops' vibrant silks, grass and fashion, harness racing looks like it was filmed with a potato and aired through a black and white TV with a bent aerial.

How can you get excited about something that looks so goddam DATED? Millennials want flashy, new, bright, tech forward entertainment. Not some old man rambling off a bunch of horses going round and round in grey and off white.

+ Reply to Thread