+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: IDEAS on how we can improve Harness Racing

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    How do we incorporate pace makers?

Admittedly Gp1s but I have watched every single race on Sky today and the best two races all day were Verry Ellegant in the Tancred at Rosehill and the Gold Crown.

Dancetaria made a mid race move and set a hot pace in the Tancred, and Mach Dan softened up Lochinvar Chief at Bathurst. We don't see it much because Danceteria folded like a pack of cards and Lochinvar got beat (and Mach Dan probably wouldn't have run a place either even if it didn't gallop). It doesn't happen because it screws the pacemaker up.

Thinking aloud, have pacemakers with stopwatch depending on grade of race and track/track condition run within certain time standards until the 800m when they peel off. Instead of barrier draw just start them in racing pattern - eg peg horses and running line horses already in an order based on PBD. Have pacemakers lead up both lines. Cant overtake pacemakers only come 3+ wide up to the gig beside them to the 800m. Can have PBD and the pacemaker in the running line could even be made to go slower than the pacemaker on the inside so the outside horses have to give them 20m at the 800m.

Do lose some of the excitement off the gate and its gets a bit messy with making sure the pacemaker sets the right pace, and visually probably not great seeing them peel off.

If not maybe actually set the time for slow sectionals so they actually are quick sectionals. And it shouldn't just be the leader who gets fined, its the drivers letting the leader get away with it that should be fined.
    How do we not incorporate pacemakers - Gloucester Park last Friday night.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Sky Racing own the tv rights to harness racing. They hate HR and probably wouldn't allow it on free to air even though the TAB would benefit from the extra turnover .

It's a great idea, hope it happens.
    Don't die wondering !

Member Yearling Halwes will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Terry (Tezza) Meehan
    Occupation
    Total Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    Sky Racing own the tv rights to harness racing. They hate HR and probably wouldn't allow it on free to air even though the TAB would benefit from the extra turnover .

It's a great idea, hope it happens.
    We hear “ we’re all in this together” “ We’ll get through ”. It’s crap.
    I’d like to eyeball Skye and put that to them and ask them if they’d agree to allowing HRV to get some free to air.. They would not be “in it together”
    If they won’t let HRV to get some free-to-air.

We are “all in it together” would be demonstrated goodwill, a willingness to do something for someone else, that’s what it means.

We have not lived in a time of such disarray and collapse (wars excluded of course).
    It is precisely because of Corona and the decimation of employment which has occurred so quickly, that good will, and demonstration of it, can be contagious.
    I wrote to Dayle Brown but I am not confident about getting a reply. We’ll see whether he is true to his word.

The window for exposing HRV can be short, but everybody promoting the money are not fair dinkum trying for the times we are in. Sometimes I wish I was the CEO of harness.

If HRV gets say six weeks of top Harness Racing, it would lift its profile. Its a crying shame we can’t attend, but it’s something, it’s worth it.

I had a very quick look at the talent around. Poster Boy on the way back, and the video I saw of Ignatius winning a mile race blew me away. He screamed away from the leader in the last 300 metres cruising to the line even though in the death seat for the journey. Ignatius is a very very smart horse.

So free-for all’s, miles, and hopefully free to air in Sydney, etc might be possible, even if this is a splash. After all, 7 is only showing old AFL games in prime time on Saturdays at present, or a movie. Gee pretty boring rather than live sport.

7 in particular, should have a fair bit of cash at the moment as the 10 mill per game that it gives the AFL for broadcast rights isn’t a debit from their account at present. So money should not be a blocker. The blockers are the ones who think HR isn’t worth it. They can tune in to Netflix. I’d say to them, just watch say a mile race with Ignatius and Poster Boy, and others, or a cracking free-for-all

I think Bruce McAvenay is the key ally HRV need. He loves champions, he loved Halwes, he loved Popular Alm. Bruce is driven by emotions, passion, and circumstance. All this might be enough.
    Last edited by Halwes; 03-30-2020 at 02:53 PM.

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Only as I understand it, HRV had been in talks with crocmedia, a combined racing segment/broadcast via SEN, started last Saturday. https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...-new-audience/
    A whisper, could be more than a whisper -crocmedia - Craig Hutchison - 7 suite - fill a sports/footy program void.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    How do we not incorporate pacemakers - Gloucester Park last Friday night.
    Which race?

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    three breno

Member Yearling Halwes will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Terry (Tezza) Meehan
    Occupation
    Total Dreamer
    Only as I understand it, HRV had been in talks with crocmedia, a combined racing segment/broadcast via SEN, started last Saturday. https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...-new-audience/
    A whisper, could be more than a whisper -crocmedia - Craig Hutchison - 7 suite - fill a sports/footy program void.
    SENTrack, what? seems like a croc ( pardon the pun) of shite to me, in the dregs, in the weeds.

I’ll stick to what I said, we have a great opportunity to give to our country what we are used to, what we all had when we grew up .. Free to Air. And more 7 channels to enrich with something other than food shows.. aren’t we over those completely.

Harness Racing Free to Air could last all of 2020, but perhaps there might be only 4 races live, and one standing start for pacers.. they are a good look with handicaps.. it’s all happening when you watch them. We have to shake things up.

We need fresh approaches like mine.

As I said, Bruce Mcavaney is the mover and shaker, and 7 is flush with cash with nothing going to the AFL now due to Corona
    Last edited by Halwes; 03-30-2020 at 03:46 PM.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I have to tell you Terry that people have be asking for free to air trots for as long as they have been missing so it is not exactly 'fresh'
    Even on this forum alone you find dozens of posts calling for it dating back yonks
    You seem to have fallen in love with the trots again just of late - you have missed out on a lot that has been happening
    I would love for it to happen to help us find some new fans
    At present although it is a 'no frills' production, people who do not have Foxtel or Kayo, can watch Victorian harness races on Trots Vision on their phone, tablet, computer or smart Tv
    Most punters (I am not one) get video through whom ever they bet with

https://www.thetrots.com.au/racing/live-trots-vision/
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Just trying to eloquently pass on what I'd heard Terry. As you're probably aware, crocmedia, CEO Craig Hutch, produce a fair bit of footy content and pretty sure they were behind the big greyhound races shown on 7 and pretty sure the greyhound show on 7mate(?) that still(?) runs weekly.

aussiebreno
    three breno
    Jeepers

+ Reply to Thread