Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34

Thread: IDEAS on how we can improve Harness Racing

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    25hrs until our Saturday night Metro meet at Melton and the TAB only has a market up for 2 races
    Rest assured you can get on Fixed Odds for a Maiden at Grafton on Tuesday!

Edit: or Horsham for your neck of the woods.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    We have 9 Trots races at Melton tomorrow night for $236k of prizemoney
    and 12 Pacing races at Mildura for $75k of prizemoney

It will be interesting to see how they compare for turnover, although Sky1 for Melton would be a huge advantage
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The stats available by clicking on drivers or trainers have been a good addition

BUT they need a tweek. When a new year/season ticks over the 'current season' stats are pretty meaningless for some time

How about we show last season's until Feb (or longer) by which time everyone has had some time to get some form on the board

What brought this to my attention is that seeing Brian Kiesey and Brett Shipway train winners tonight, made me think that they have been going well of late so I click on their names to check this but the current stats are only for the last 5 days so they do not confirm/show what I was after
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    It's good for harness racing when Brian and Brett have winners, in my opinion.
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I was not sure where to put this
    My roving reporter has told me that the carpark at Geelong was full before the first race last night
    The Daschund Dash

I am not sure how I feel about concerts, fireworks, etc etc to pull a crowd. If they make 1 or 2 harness converts they would be justified - otherwise we are simply going into a different business. The plus side is that it gives genuine attendees something to watch in between races
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Back in the day when Vince Silvestro was fireworking around Harold park with his trusty horse , a lot of harness trainers hated the noise even though they were up the hill.
    And my dad always was in a rush to get the horses off the show grounds before any fireworks started. Got caught out a few times & the horses went crazy.
    Saw some dreadful accidents & horse deaths near where we lived with horses going through fences when the local school thought is was a good idea to put on fireworks in farm/horse country.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Good to see this announcement from the CEO - I was starting to worry he was going to be a phantom

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...nes-apg-sales/

10 vouchers will be drawn
    Each voucher is worth $4000 to put towards the purchase of a horse
    Two draws will take place – one lot of five before the first sale and another lot of five before lot 160
    To win you must be registered and approved by APG and on-site at the time of the draw
    The vouchers can go towards the purchase of any Vicbred horse during the sale

You would hope that to be fair, they will be doing the same thing for the Nutrien Sale
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    and the marketing department marketing
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    BUT I cannot believe that this banner has disappeared when CA is on the cusp with just 2 winners needed!
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    https://harnesslink.com/australia/vi...unch-petition/

Victorian harness racing representative bodies say the sector is in crisis and are urging participants and stakeholders to throw their weight behind a petition calling for intervention from the Racing Minister Anthony Carbines.

The key issues among the bodies’ worries, and outlined in the petition are:

Harness Racing Victoria (HRV) recorded a loss of $6.7 million in 2023…after a loss of $4.1 million in 2022.

HRV received $28.1 million in State Government grant revenue in those two years.

In 2023, HRV had 103 full time employees costing $15.7 million…compared to HRNSW with 50 staff costing $7.1 million.

Employment costs at HRV have increased nearly 30 percent in the past two years.

Stakemoney in Victoria was cut by $3.9 million effective October 1, 2023…at the same time, WA, Qld, SA and NZ have all announced increases.
    In 2022-23 the number of foals born in Victoria was down 13.3 percent on the previous year, and the number of mares served down 21.7 percent…in NSW foal numbers were up 1.2 percent and services up 1.3 percent.

per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread