Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
Why punters left is worth analysing to move forward
I will substitute 'punters' for public in some points
We know there has been more competition in the entertainment industry
Did they leave because facilities were not good enough? Because transport became an issue? Because viewing at home became so much better?

The thought of why do people go entered my mind yesterday (I had travelled 75 min to get there and had time to kill between races before travelling 75 min home - admittedly I like driving in the country but hate city snarls [recent weeks spent in Melbourne have proven to me that the city is $*@#^&])
I don't believe that viewing from home is much better - maybe if you are simply a gambler or are watching Sydney gallops on their Boutique Foxtel channel (I have been tempted)

Why do people go out to a movie? (Declining too, you say but you get my point - sometimes you just want to get out)

What if we made it more financially attractive for a punter to be on course (Change the takeout ratios) while improving the total package

If home is better do we really even need horses. Watching the boutique gallops channels they tell good stories about the horses and people but I could imagine with advances in animation they could produce dog racing that would look as good as the current product (and could come with a 'this is a random draw' message like they do before Tattslotto). I haven't looked at the animated stuff they have in the TABs for a long while - is it nearly there?

I cannot however imagine the public getting too excited about the animated Winx

I don't really want us to get into the music business but top quality food and drinks must go hand in hand with any entertainment over a lengthy time slot

ps Figure 8 racing sounds very interesting although I am guessing it couldn't involve small track excitement but it would seem much better suited to harness than any other code
They left because it was easier and better to watch/bet from home. You won't get them back.... way of the world.