Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: IDEAS on how we can improve Harness Racing

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Halwes View Post
    Yes thanks I hadn’t seen all this. You know, my first impression when i saw the data, was omg, he has had too many runs, and when I saw his last start on 7 Mar, he was back in the field, tested, but didn’t run on quite as much. To me, that indicates burn out, and if true that’s selfish, that’s ruining a horse.
    The video I saw was in 2018 as you say as a three year old. I’d spell him for 3 or 4 months.
    He has been mighty well looked after by Rattray. Its just that others have matured and gotten better with age.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Yes he has only had 9 races this season (would be off for a spell now), 8 races last season, 13 in his successful 3yo season and only 6 races as a 2yo
    He is only 5 and may be one of those horses still gaining strength who may not peak until 6-7-8
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Yearling Halwes will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Terry (Tezza) Meehan
    Occupation
    Total Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    He has been mighty well looked after by Rattray. Its just that others have matured and gotten better with age.
    ok, but all that thudding on the tracks and the frame are somewhat separate... he seemed to have raced a lot as a 3 yr old. I guess I was looking for reasons for the form change because he seemed exceptional as a three yr old. I guess it's a bit of a gut feel. He may not have the constitution. I'll watch him closely when he resumes

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Halwes View Post
    ok, but all that thudding on the tracks and the frame are somewhat separate... he seemed to have raced a lot as a 3 yr old. I guess I was looking for reasons for the form change because he seemed exceptional as a three yr old. I guess it's a bit of a gut feel. He may not have the constitution. I'll watch him closely when he resumes
    No form change from Ignatius. Form change has been from the others that have caught up and the fact he was racing 2nd raters most of the time as a 3yo.

Most star 3yos would have at least 13 starts, probably more. He missed the Vic Derby early in the season. A handful of his starts were no more than glorified track workouts.

As a 3yo he simply outclassed sub-par opposition so often got lead at his will. Harder when he isn't getting easy leads now and facing the top opposition. Ignatius hadn't even faced the best 3yos until the final race of season when he got beaten into midfield.

He's a star and certainly looked like he could take the next step at Grand Circuit level but that exactly what it would have been - taking the next step. He hasn't gone backwards or had a form change.

Real Name
    Terry (Tezza) Meehan
    Occupation
    Total Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    No form change from Ignatius. Form change has been from the others that have caught up and the fact he was racing 2nd raters most of the time as a 3yo.

Most star 3yos would have at least 13 starts, probably more. He missed the Vic Derby early in the season. A handful of his starts were no more than glorified track workouts.

As a 3yo he simply outclassed sub-par opposition so often got lead at his will. Harder when he isn't getting easy leads now and facing the top opposition. Ignatius hadn't even faced the best 3yos until the final race of season when he got beaten into midfield.

He's a star and certainly looked like he could take the next step at Grand Circuit level but that exactly what it would have been - taking the next step. He hasn't gone backwards or had a form change.
    Fair enough Brendan, I see what you are saying .. who is interdominion material at the moment.. you know have endurance for a gruelling campaign and the other required qualities

Real Name
    Terry (Tezza) Meehan
    Occupation
    Total Dreamer
    Unrelated comments by me Kevin
    I am starting to do some research on Vincenzina .. gee it’s hard, the it system is slick but I get lost
    I found a 3 yr old filly, Vincenzina who looks to have excellent potential, she ran second to Dr Susan recently in a big race final. She had to Come from the second row, and if she was little closer to Dr Susan in the run, she would have got up
    Put Vincenzina In your little black book.
    But in general I struggle to find things like forthcoming meetings say for her I can look up to see when she is running
    How can I find (again) this sort of info . I guess it’s a betting site that shows odds etc and the runners etc
    Grateful if you could help me again. Konan is another horse, but I’m not convinced he’ll become a top liner yet
    Thanks Kevin .. l went a fair bit, and to some country meetings .

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I am more than happy to help
    So that you don't miss a race for any horses you are following, HRA has a service Black Book

http://www.harness.org.au/apps/accou...ction=&fw1pk=1

You will notice in the Results and the Fields which you find on HRA or any state homepage that after the name of every horse there is a little symbol that looks a bit like a book, hover over that symbol and you will see that it says Add to blackbook - click if you want to add the horse
    But first you have to have signed up (free) at the link above
    Whenever that horse is down to race, you will get an email a day or two beforehand
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    One way we could improve is to have people do the job they are assigned
    Being selfish here, you see I am not glued to Sky Racing or Trots Vision all the time - frequently I do other stuff and like to catch up with replays an hour or two later
    One cannot do that if the Results are not posted (and Video replay soon after) - like at Terang tonight where we are approaching R8 but there are no results or replays up for R1 yet!
    Lucky we have TAB apps to cover peoples' arses
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Terang fields not even in the Herald Sun !

Yes Kevin the website is not what it used to be !
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Terang results are up today but why are they showing NSW prices
    Onthecrestofawave paid $20.90 on Vic TAB

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=TE040520

https://www.tab.com.au/racing/2020-0...RANG/P/H/6/Win
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread