Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: IDEAS on how we can improve Harness Racing

Member Yearling Halwes will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Terry (Tezza) Meehan
    Occupation
    Total Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    Just trying to eloquently pass on what I'd heard Terry. As you're probably aware, crocmedia, CEO Craig Hutch, produce a fair bit of footy content and pretty sure they were behind the big greyhound races shown on 7 and pretty sure the greyhound show on 7mate(?) that still(?) runs weekly.
    Yehh sorry .. I can get a bit over the top. I have recall only of a show he did for a while with that guru fella Sheehan ( not Mike) re the quality of afl kids coming thru . I confess to knowing little about Crocmedia .. the name is not one I'd choose. To me this is about whether HRV have a good relationship with seven and as I say Bruce is the man but he is very crook... I keep on saying there is,a window... I'm gunna stop belting on about it, I'd rather get someone to educate me about the top horses ...pacers going around in Aus and NZ . Kevin raves about Poster Boy and I only saw one video of him. Ignatius looks very promising but don't know a great deal about others. I wish I could find Halwes kids etc

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Jeepers
    Did you read the stewards report breno, not sure if it makes it more or less jeepers.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Halwes View Post
    Yehh sorry .. I can get a bit over the top. I have recall only of a show he did for a while with that guru fella Sheehan ( not Mike) re the quality of afl kids coming thru . I confess to knowing little about Crocmedia .. the name is not one I'd choose. To me this is about whether HRV have a good relationship with seven and as I say Bruce is the man but he is very crook... I keep on saying there is,a window... I'm gunna stop belting on about it, I'd rather get someone to educate me about the top horses ...pacers going around in Aus and NZ . Kevin raves about Poster Boy and I only saw one video of him. Ignatius looks very promising but don't know a great deal about others. I wish I could find Halwes kids etc
    Post 141 "I agree Terry, when we have our next true Star we have to let the World know about it. The appropriately named Poster Boy may have filled those shoes but a mishap more or less straight after a MM win has not seen his return for nearly 12 months now"
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    How do we not incorporate pacemakers - Gloucester Park last Friday night.
    http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#GPM27032005

That was terrible

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/ste...l/?mc=GP270320

Jeepers all right, if the stewards accept that crap from the Halls, they will accept anything
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Some interesting reading from a couple of stewards reports over the weekend.

Real Name
    Terry (Tezza) Meehan
    Occupation
    Total Dreamer
    Where can i see the stewards reports.. is it the full detail?

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Terry, Terry, Terry

Just start here and let your mouse hover over all those things on the grey menu bar above the picture for a plethora of things to keep you interested

http://www.harness.org.au/index.cfm

Here is another one that you will love

http://classicfamilies.net/horsedetails.aspx

Type in Halwes in the Go box and select your 1959 mate from the options that appear
    Then click on the Purple DESCENDENTS tab you will see above his pedigree (and don't forget to click on all those little + boxes that appear)
    Then go back and click on the Brown OFFSPRING tab for a summary of his 'classic class' progeny - click on any one of them for more detail/pedigree for them (and then use your back arrow/key to return to the list)
    Last edited by Messenger; 03-30-2020 at 07:41 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Terry (Tezza) Meehan
    Occupation
    Total Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Terry, Terry, Terry

Just start here and let your mouse hover over all those things on the grey menu bar above the picture for a plethora of things to keep you interested

http://www.harness.org.au/index.cfm

Here is another one that you will love

http://classicfamilies.net/horsedetails.aspx

Type in Halwes in the Go box and select your 1959 mate from the options that appear
    Then click on the Purple DESCENDENTS tab you will see above his pedigree (and don't forget to click on all those little + boxes that appear)
    Then go back and click on the Brown OFFSPRING tab for a summary of his 'classic class' progeny - click on any one of them for more detail/pedigree for them (and then use your back arrow/key to return to the list)
    I had a go .. but na I'll try again tomorrow. Back to other horses racing now... IGNATIUS you wouldn't read about it . another Tassie superstar.. I'm so so mpressed with Ignatius. Gee he is a brilliant horse ...omg ... he reminds me of Halwes in terms of how free flowing, keen, and relaxed he is . He is of course not from Halwes lines ( well I think so) He is leaner than Halwes... When we are allowed to travel again, and he is racing here or NSW, I will definitely go .. you can join me .. everyone can.. I want to see him under pressure as a 4/5 year old, where he has to go three wide, or gets pushed back . But he is a beauty

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    He is a topliner Terry but now as a 5yo he no longer dominates like he did as a 3yo
    See his peformance history below and you will notice at the end of each row/performance you can click on a video replay

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/hor...horseId=795253
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Terry (Tezza) Meehan
    Occupation
    Total Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    He is a topliner Terry but now as a 5yo he no longer dominates like he did as a 3yo
    See his peformance history below and you will notice at the end of each row/performance you can click on a video replay

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/hor...horseId=795253
    Yes thanks I hadn’t seen all this. You know, my first impression when i saw the data, was omg, he has had too many runs, and when I saw his last start on 7 Mar, he was back in the field, tested, but didn’t run on quite as much. To me, that indicates burn out, and if true that’s selfish, that’s ruining a horse.
    The video I saw was in 2018 as you say as a three year old. I’d spell him for 3 or 4 months.
    Still looking for a Halwes type, as his former driver Newman (not much of a driver in my view) said Halwes in a race could ‘go’ three times, few, very few could do that. When he beat Voice Derby from 36 yards, a top horse, and when he demolished every horse in all heats, in that late 60s Interdominion, I knew we probably would never see another with his trio of talents in sprinting, staying, and stunningly sustaining his runs, going to the line hard. You never saw him weaken on a run. Beautiful, just beautiful. Even though he had dicky legs, he was super durable, and knew how to win the big events, knew he was in a big event, like Sea Biscuit.
    Last edited by Halwes; 03-31-2020 at 02:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread