Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast

Thread: IDEAS on how we can improve Harness Racing

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    O'Connor: These new sprint races can serve multiple purposes

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/the...iple-purposes/

I am still waiting to see where they state how the new audience they are trying to attract is going to know this is happening

If somebody knows or sees a promo that those other than the 'rusted ons' is going to see - please share
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    I view comparing wagering turnover last night of the 1200m against wagering turnover of a normal established meeting as a such a simpleton thing to do.

The 1200m races are new. There is no exposed form. There is no general consensus on how races will be run. There is too much unknown for any serious punting dollars to be invested. You would need 3 years not 3 weeks for widespread established form and racing patterns to become known until you can start comparing punting dollars. Its like comparing the punting on a NR60 race to an early season 2yo race.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Brendan, I think your hatred of PP might be consuming you

If it is going to take 3yrs then they are unlikely the answer as we do not have 3yrs.
    I would have thought a year at most, people are generally happy betting on 2yo races by the end of the season
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    This is at the bottom of HRV's home page
    Aug 10, Aug 11, Aug 12 - what is that about
    I am pretty sure the FastTrack racing is only on Wednesdays
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Brendan, I think your hatred of PP might be consuming you

If it is going to take 3yrs then they are unlikely the answer as we do not have 3yrs.
    I would have thought a year at most, people are generally happy betting on 2yo races by the end of the season
    Comment is aimed at anyone comparing. If HRV think a 3 week sample size of horses that have never/very minimally raced at 1200m before then they are incredibly simple too. It would also be incredibly simple if there was in increase for the 3 weeks as this could be based on a novelty effect. Its simple stats 101 that the sample size is insufficient.

Yes 1 year would be ok if there is enough of the races and enough diversity in horses competing in them.

This thread has been 5 years and no change. What difference does 3 years make if meaningful change can be achieved.

If a galloper had a pet distance of 1200m and stepped up to 2100m the form analyst comment would 100% mention the change of distance and punters would be weary. Why would they not be weary of a standardbred going from 2100m to 1200m and hold back on their bets accordingly?

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    This thread has been 5 years and no change. What difference does 3 years make if meaningful change can be achieved.

Yes, it does not say much about our administrators. IMO if the participant bodies accept the Oct 1 prizemoney cuts then Victoria are going to see a mass exodus and are unlikely to recover
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The mid-week sprint trial at Melton, which will run for three weeks, drew turnover of more than $1.9 million across the six races, growth of 42 per cent on the preceding eight-week Wednesday average.

Pleasingly, there was also an increase in wagering service provider actives of 18 per cent compared to the previous eight-week average.

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...opening-night/
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    The mid-week sprint trial at Melton, which will run for three weeks, drew turnover of more than $1.9 million across the six races, growth of 42 per cent on the preceding eight-week Wednesday average.

Pleasingly, there was also an increase in wagering service provider actives of 18 per cent compared to the previous eight-week average.

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...opening-night/
    I stand by my comments re being so simple to compare. Huge potential its a boost from novelty affect and unsustainable. Hopefully this result means they press forward and we get a good sample size though before further conclusions can be drawn.

aussiebreno
    1200m races causing such an uproar but we persist with a $50k featute race trot in prime time with 2 early race gallopers and then the only danger to the favourite/winner galloping on the turn. Absolute shambles. Trade every trotting race for a 1200m race. If we converted anybody on Wed night we just lost them then - race 2 Bendigo.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    1200m races causing such an uproar but we persist with a $50k featute race trot in prime time with 2 early race gallopers and then the only danger to the favourite/winner galloping on the turn. Absolute shambles. Trade every trotting race for a 1200m race. If we converted anybody on Wed night we just lost them then - race 2 Bendigo.
    Brendan has logged off the forum, I hope he has gone to bed because the next two races are 2yo trots

Oh I really hope Brendan did not see the start of those two races
    Last edited by Messenger; 08-12-2023 at 01:09 AM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread