Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: IDEAS on how we can improve Harness Racing

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    "The new stakes conditions prohibit any owner, trainer, or horse from participating in an added money event if they have been found by a racing regulatory agency to have tested positive for prohibited substances as defined within the Association of Racing Commissioners International Uniform Classification for Foreign Substances of Class 1, 2, TC02 or steroids after January 1, 2018"

It would certainly draw a line in the sand
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    "The new stakes conditions prohibit any owner, trainer, or horse from participating in an added money event if they have been found by a racing regulatory agency to have tested positive for prohibited substances as defined within the Association of Racing Commissioners International Uniform Classification for Foreign Substances of Class 1, 2, TC02 or steroids after January 1, 2018"

It would certainly draw a line in the sand
    John Campbell consulted on the rule

http://www.harnessracingupdate.com/2...O8IfE.facebook

... He said. "Why don’t you start off with (Class) Is, IIs, TCO2s and steroids? There should be nobody milkshaking a horse that doesn’t know they are doing it, so there’s no chance of a mistake. Same thing with steroids…".

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Unfortunate that this type of position had to be taken up by basically an individual with no position of administrative power in a horse racing regulatory organisation govt appointed or otherwise although they use regulatory definitions for illegalities that may be committed. Why is that? Why does a racecourse owner/business group take this action when the governing body has not? I include Australian regulatory bodies in this because this is a local forum. When someone suggests these types of penalties they get shouted down by the whingers, whiners and fence sitters who are to busy worried about who is going to put $5 on the next favourite from the comfort of their lounge room therefore making the live racing track meeting redundant. Will it work, In the states most possibly because otherwise you wont be able to race at the tracks in question if you test positive on the various charges and the business leader has the guts to take it on.

Kev said make a point of difference to gallops/dogs .....maybe this it, make it clean and green. But those in bold type wont let it happen here neither will the regulatory bodies make it happen, they are to scared that 10 people on twitter or facebook will say nasty things about them and let these wasters run the industry from behind a Computer screen. Can you imagine the squealers if these rules applied at the Inters or the APG sales races. I would make it 2 years disqualification by the way.

I never see anything about harness racing on free to air TV....nothing newsworthy that makes you sit up and take notice....."wow...this group means business about integrity" Why is that? If someone on this forum can tell me that last time that happened apart from some Interdominion news point it out to me please. I see more about tadpole racing on the news than harness racing. Does a tadpole chew on a fence post or rail? Hope not or we are all in trouble. How many golden opportunities does an organisation want to improve its image and a sport that is dying?

Just for fun, maybe some of our forum experts could look back at the last couple of Inters/miracle mile etc and see which trainers/drivers and owners actually have that "positive test" along side their name.

Old Irish saying......."Take away the excuses and see what you have got left"

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    I am a great believer in getting a good crowd to a track. GP race track is perfectly positioned to take advantage of its city location and does on several big nights like Italian night. I differ from Rod and others where I see entertainment as a must have at the races . I cant see the tracks surviving without it, times have changed, what happened 30 years ago in relation to crowd numbers will never be repeated. With a big crowd the Racing club makes money, all the vendors make money and even the punters can make some money, what is wrong with that, nobody seems to give a plausible answer as to what is wrong with a business making money at a sporting event and everyone having a good time? It even drags the bagmen out to try and make a quid. It doesn't really matter if 50% of the crowd aren't that interested in the racing. I recently went to the boxing day test and 25% would not have seen a ball bowled. Go to the Melbourne cup and see how many dont watch the races. The only thing I would suggest as others have done is to tie in the entry to the event by having to have a wager or be there at the last race to collect on a super six or other bet. If you have 6000 people at a racetrack having a bet what is wrong with that? (not counting the 2000 kids).

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    2 years disqualification sounds good to me Pat. I have come to the realization that owners/horses cannot be exempt if we are to make an impact
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Seven West Media takes punt on second horse racing channel

http://www.afr.com/business/media-an...0180109-h0fmq9

No negotiations for some harness racing?

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Not an AFR subscriber so the link only opened for a millisecond Wayne.

Is this to be another channel like Ch78 (which I cannot get)?

Probably not much chance for us with only 12% market share - unless they saw us as a project
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post

http://www.afr.com/business/media-an...0180109-h0fmq9

No negotiations for some harness racing?
    This link is only available to view by sub to AFR ???
    Please ensure that when linking to another article that it is able to be seen by others otherwise no point in including it with your post

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Humble apologies, will try another.

http://www.sportstradingaustralia.co...67670b6/1.html two articles, need to scroll down page.

12% means nought to your joint venture partner?

+ Reply to Thread