Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fremantle Cup 2018

Hybrid View

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Fremantle Cup 2018

Lazarus - beaten a head but the greatest run of all time?

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...18#GPM12011815
    Last edited by Messenger; 01-13-2018 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Replay now available so linked
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Totally agree no other horse would have finished doing the work he did G Hall bad drive if I was the owner would be very disappointed with it should have taken 1x1 IMO
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Totally agree no other horse would have finished doing the work he did G Hall bad drive if I was the owner would be very disappointed with it should have taken 1x1 IMO
    Bad drive or not that is the way the Hall stable strategized the race, as Hall Snr said, he didn't want a repeat of the ID final. The All Stars have been great over here in the West although A Piccadilly Princess has struggled against the better horses. Ultimate Machette outstanding against the lesser horses but found it a harder task against that field last night. As brilliant as Lazarus is he has been beaten three times in the West but I do not believe any of these horses will suffer defeat on the East coast unless they face off against Vincent.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    It would seem the owners were in on the plan Greg

"Chicago Bull will go forward and if Bettors Fire (barrier one) doesn’t hand up, we will keep the breeze and keep Lazarus three wide when he comes", he said.

“Everyone has got Lazarus past the post and If we just let him go to the breeze, the race will develop into a walk with a sprint home and Chicago Bull can’t win then. We can’t make it easy for Lazarus. My owners don’t want to make it easy for him. I think Chicago Bull can win, but he will need a lot of luck."

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...Lazarus-beaten
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Junior Member Foal bgardiner2000 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ben Gardiner
    I disagree... I think the drive was masterful. Any driving tactic that ends with Lazarus landing the breeze in front of you means you have effectively conceded the race. Lazarus raced three wide the trip and still went past CB in the straight. How on earth do you think taking a sit on him improves Jnr's chances? Lazarus' run was one of the best runs I've seen. Sinbad Bay in the Golden Nugget in 1988 was the best single run I've seen ay GP IMO... but not much between them.

He was beaten 3 times in but on each occasion Purdon looked like he was keeping his eye on the prize and not trying to protect some streak. That's why he's the master.

I'm a huge fan of My Hard Copy... one of the reasons the run of Lazarus was so full of merit was due to the fact that MHC, with the perfect trail into the race and loving the pattern was only able to get him by a head. Look at the quality of some of the others in the race that had also had easy runs that failed to make any sought of ground. He's got GOAT written all over him this horse. BTW... MHC is a dual winner of the pacing cup, not the Freo Cup.
    Last edited by teecee; 02-08-2018 at 10:37 AM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    The work Laz did, they could hitch a road train full of cattle to him and haul across the Nullarbor for the Hunter Cup.

Was Hall Snr the only one who breathed a sigh of relief when "Rasmussen actually punched threw.." ? Sulky contact, lucky there wasn't a puncture.

Can I ask, what happened to Breno's post?

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    The work Laz did, they could hitch a road train full of cattle to him and haul across the Nullarbor for the Hunter Cup.

Was Hall Snr the only one who breathed a sigh of relief when "Rasmussen actually punched threw.." ? Sulky contact, lucky there wasn't a puncture.

Can I ask, what happened to Breno's post?
    For a split second I thought Rasmussen was going to let the boss in - wouldn't that have caused a sensation!

(Breno deleted his own perfectly fine post)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    For a split second I thought Rasmussen was going to let the boss in - wouldn't that have caused a sensation!

(Breno deleted his own perfectly fine post)
    I now know I am not the only one that thought NR eased to let MP in - I reckon MP quick enough to realize they would be shot if he had taken the 1x1
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I now know I am not the only one that thought NR eased to let MP in - I reckon MP quick enough to realize they would be shot if he had taken the 1x1

Stewards report's up Kev or have you seen it?

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    Stewards report's up Kev or have you seen it?
    Yes thanks Wayne, it reads like a Mark Purdon interview. The video is not really good enough (angle) to tell but looking at Bettors and the Bull you could not be sure if they quickened to cause Ultimate Machete to drop back a couple of metres

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/ste...l/?mc=GP120118
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread