Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fremantle Cup 2018

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Fremantle Cup 2018

Lazarus - beaten a head but the greatest run of all time?

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...18#GPM12011815
    Last edited by Messenger; 01-13-2018 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Replay now available so linked
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Totally agree no other horse would have finished doing the work he did G Hall bad drive if I was the owner would be very disappointed with it should have taken 1x1 IMO
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    The work Laz did, they could hitch a road train full of cattle to him and haul across the Nullarbor for the Hunter Cup.

Was Hall Snr the only one who breathed a sigh of relief when "Rasmussen actually punched threw.." ? Sulky contact, lucky there wasn't a puncture.

Can I ask, what happened to Breno's post?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    The work Laz did, they could hitch a road train full of cattle to him and haul across the Nullarbor for the Hunter Cup.

Was Hall Snr the only one who breathed a sigh of relief when "Rasmussen actually punched threw.." ? Sulky contact, lucky there wasn't a puncture.

Can I ask, what happened to Breno's post?
    For a split second I thought Rasmussen was going to let the boss in - wouldn't that have caused a sensation!

(Breno deleted his own perfectly fine post)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Totally agree no other horse would have finished doing the work he did G Hall bad drive if I was the owner would be very disappointed with it should have taken 1x1 IMO
    Bad drive or not that is the way the Hall stable strategized the race, as Hall Snr said, he didn't want a repeat of the ID final. The All Stars have been great over here in the West although A Piccadilly Princess has struggled against the better horses. Ultimate Machette outstanding against the lesser horses but found it a harder task against that field last night. As brilliant as Lazarus is he has been beaten three times in the West but I do not believe any of these horses will suffer defeat on the East coast unless they face off against Vincent.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    An exciting call of the Fremantle Cup last night by Richard Bell but he does need to be a little more accurate in calling the unplaced horses.

He was all over the place after Ultimate Machette, he actually called Soho Tribeca 10th instead of a clear 5th.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    It would seem the owners were in on the plan Greg

"Chicago Bull will go forward and if Bettors Fire (barrier one) doesn’t hand up, we will keep the breeze and keep Lazarus three wide when he comes", he said.

“Everyone has got Lazarus past the post and If we just let him go to the breeze, the race will develop into a walk with a sprint home and Chicago Bull can’t win then. We can’t make it easy for Lazarus. My owners don’t want to make it easy for him. I think Chicago Bull can win, but he will need a lot of luck."

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...Lazarus-beaten
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Perfect planning by G.Hall Snr, have seen it many times at GP over the years. Purdon knew what was happening but couldnt do anything about it. Lazarus has had 2 good draws of late which suited him perfectly but it is a bit tougher coming out of 5 and 3 wide for a good part of the journey.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan of Jate View Post
    Perfect planning by G.Hall Snr, have seen it many times at GP over the years. Purdon knew what was happening but couldnt do anything about it. Lazarus has had 2 good draws of late which suited him perfectly but it is a bit tougher coming out of 5 and 3 wide for the whole journey.
    Edited for accuracy Pat
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    No one has said a word about my hard copy.!!!!! hello......he actually won the race, it was his 2nd Fremantle cup and he also has won a WA pacing cup. so he is no mug. Lazarus ended up the bridesmaid......If you want to say it maybe the greatest run ever...I dont think so. If he had won then yes, it could have been afforded that title. Just a thought Kev, the first 800m was a lot of horses trying to get a position so that could not be counted as the whole journey, others ended up 3 wide as well which is why i said most of the journey. I will give you 1800 metres. Other good horses have won going 3 wide that distance and dont forget those champions of the past who used to win off 60 yards

+ Reply to Thread