Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Fremantle Cup 2018

Junior Member Foal bgardiner2000 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ben Gardiner
    I disagree... I think the drive was masterful. Any driving tactic that ends with Lazarus landing the breeze in front of you means you have effectively conceded the race. Lazarus raced three wide the trip and still went past CB in the straight. How on earth do you think taking a sit on him improves Jnr's chances? Lazarus' run was one of the best runs I've seen. Sinbad Bay in the Golden Nugget in 1988 was the best single run I've seen ay GP IMO... but not much between them.

He was beaten 3 times in but on each occasion Purdon looked like he was keeping his eye on the prize and not trying to protect some streak. That's why he's the master.

I'm a huge fan of My Hard Copy... one of the reasons the run of Lazarus was so full of merit was due to the fact that MHC, with the perfect trail into the race and loving the pattern was only able to get him by a head. Look at the quality of some of the others in the race that had also had easy runs that failed to make any sought of ground. He's got GOAT written all over him this horse. BTW... MHC is a dual winner of the pacing cup, not the Freo Cup.
    Last edited by teecee; 02-08-2018 at 10:37 AM.

+ Reply to Thread