Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Swab's

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Just an "off-topic" , triple. Who is the foal in your avatar?

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by ozninja View Post
    Just an "off-topic" , triple. Who is the foal in your avatar?

That's a couple of weeks old at the time foal shot of Four Starzzz Shark colt we bred & sold as a yearling back in Feb. of this year. Liked him right from day one & have always expected big things of him. Sometime in the next 6 to 8 months or so I'm set to find out what sort of a judge I am.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Keep us informed triple. If you get any "inside " info that you can divulge , let us in on it , so we can have a small dabble on it.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Both...however Post Race testing is far more definitive...Pre Race usually only catches the needy, the greedy and the sloppy.
    Thank's Triple now i know
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Laughed when i watched the second of the weigh in 3 driver's whip's checked the other a friendly pat on the shoulder
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Junior Member Yearling doubled123 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    greg, the old story always told is that the stewards got sick of being pricked so they stopped checking them

(not hancocks - everyone)

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by ozninja View Post
    Keep us informed triple. If you get any "inside " info that you can divulge , let us in on it , so we can have a small dabble on it.
    Yeh, I just hope that he goes really, really good for his new owners. The fella who trains him is a really nice bloke. I ring him ever so often for updates on how the colt is going and he's very good with his time. Fingers crossed.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Laughed when i watched the second of the weigh in 3 driver's whip's checked the other a friendly pat on the shoulder
    Pat on the shoulder eh? Must have landed another one for Trotting Tony.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Thank's Triple now i know
    No worries. It helps when Mrs. Triple is in the field Greg. Straight out of Uni. she started off in a Lab. doing all sorts of pathology work then moved to a job doing Blood Gas analysis with a crew called Chiron (who are no longer around, they got absorbed by some other mob.)
    She has moved on many steps since then but while she was still there & this was a fair while ago now, I realised the TC02 Testing equipment she was marketing was doing the very same thing when testing blood samples from humans that the Stewards were doing when testing blood from horses...but obviously callibrated differently and for very different reasons... and it has always been a bit of a hobby horse of mine since then.
    Having driven her mad with questions over the years, it is with a little bit better than normal background in and understanding of it in mind that I cannot fathom why we persist with Pre Race TC02 Testing as opposed to Post Race testing. If we continue to require horses to be on-course 2hrs prior and then test them up to 2hrs after a race there is, to my knowledge, no way known that the TC02 testing regime can be beaten. Pre races can no doubt be beaten with more slowly absorbed buffering substances & so on but Post Race tests cannot.

Junior Member Yearling doubled123 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    i always thought pre race was to give a guide to stewards, rather then getting a pre race positive..ie, if the levels pre race are 34 then next starter that stable has keep them behind for the post race... just seems the post race swabs are very infrequent, although i know victoria do it infrequently for the big races and team russo coped the treatment at harold park a while back

+ Reply to Thread