Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chris Lang Jnr 6 week vacation on Let Me Thru

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh

Chris Lang Jnr 6 week vacation on Let Me Thru

Chris Lang Jnr suspended for his drive on Let Me Thru Melton Friday 19/8/11
    Was it arrogance?
    Was it really bad judgment?
    Was it cockiness and over confidence?
    What I saw was Jodi Quinlan on I Didn't Do It kind of ease out behind Let Me Thru to "flush out" Lang Jnr but he didn't go 3wide as expected, she eased out almost half-carting giving Lang the chance to go, she waited for him, but he just wasn't going.
    He paid the price big time.
    And hasn't he just come back from a holiday?
    Great run again Earl Of Mot, he continues to deliver.
    Sassy a bit disappointing.
    I Didn't Do It huge.
    Why do so many Jodi Quinlan drives pull so hard? Seriously does she need to do some weight training to improve her strength? She needs a TRX Suspension Trainer to do some bodyweight pull ups to improve Lattissmus Dorsi (lats) strength and/or chin ups. 2-3 days a week for 10 mins each time is all it would take...

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    I know they had publicly said he wasnt fully fit and was in need of the run, BUT he still had to give the horse the opportunity to win. If he pulled out and faded, there would be no issue.

We are talking about a horse that got beaten an eyelash in the ID and is probably the best trotter in Australasia.

I think hes lucky he didnt get longer.

If they only wanted to give it a trial, take it to the trials....
    Last edited by mightymo; 08-20-2011 at 04:13 PM. Reason: typo

Senior Member 2YO Love Of Courage will become famous soon enough Love Of Courage's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue Smith
    [QUOTE=mightymo;9361]I know they had publicly said he wasnt fully fit and was in need of the run, BUT he still had to give the horse the opportunity to win. If he pulled out and faded, there would be no issue.

We are talking about a horse that got beaten an eyelash in the ID and is probably the best trotter in Australasia.

I think hes lucky he didnt get longer.

If they only wanted to give it a trial, take it to the trials....[/QUOTE]

I have not seen this race so cannot comment too much !

I love the underlined quote above ! Made me laugh from the brutal honesty. Soo true ! your horse should be trying to win or obtain the best result in every race !

Junior Member Yearling doubled123 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    not long enough! they just need to get gavin now

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Chris Lang Jnr suspended for his drive on Let Me Thru Melton Friday 19/8/11
    Was it arrogance?
    Was it really bad judgment?
    Was it cockiness and over confidence?
    What I saw was Jodi Quinlan on I Didn't Do It kind of ease out behind Let Me Thru to "flush out" Lang Jnr but he didn't go 3wide as expected, she eased out almost half-carting giving Lang the chance to go, she waited for him, but he just wasn't going.
    He paid the price big time.
    And hasn't he just come back from a holiday?
    Great run again Earl Of Mot, he continues to deliver.
    Sassy a bit disappointing.
    I Didn't Do It huge.
    Why do so many Jodi Quinlan drives pull so hard? Seriously does she need to do some weight training to improve her strength? She needs a TRX Suspension Trainer to do some bodyweight pull ups to improve Lattissmus Dorsi (lats) strength and/or chin ups. 2-3 days a week for 10 mins each time is all it would take...
    Chuck in some bent over rows and reverse flies for Jodi while we're at it and she can be the pocket sized superwoman!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Nice work Brenno u know your weights...
    The thing I like about the TRX contraption is that the straps that are the TRX can be hung from anywhere at the stables, u don't need to go to a gym...hence no more than 10 mins, no excuse for "I haven't got time"

aussiebreno
    Before joining a gym I had my very own pull up bar that I could hang off my door; $40 from Rebel from memory; so it isn't actually expensive for the benefit it would give to a driver.
    Just googled TRX; it markets itself on 'Functional Strength for Sport' That is 100% the case! And while I wouldn't train that way with the straps personally it is good enough, safe enough and convenient enough for drivers. Do you; or other people, actually use it at the stables or was it just a suggestion? There are so many lightweight drivers who are good drivers but must unnecesarily get sore arms and shoulders at times; this would help immensly and I'd suggest it would be more effective in the 12-15 rep range so it isn't like they will 'bulk up' or anything!

***Yes I take strength training way to seriously!***

Banned 2YO ringman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hill
    Occupation
    Laying Horses
    What a joke sentence but you would expect the Lang family to be treated with kid gloves like they have been for years.there seems to be one rule for the Langs and one for the rest.i must admit i was going to back Let Me Thru until i noticed on betfair all they wanted to do was lay the horse.seems a common thing with Lang horses someone on betfair knows when to lay them for plenty.

aussiebreno
    Gavin seems to cop it unfairly dont you worry ringman

triplev123
    Indeed he does Breno. Indeed he does. Over the years the odd Steward or two has seemingly set out to make a 'hard arse' name for themselves by way of lining up on Gavin & sending him to the sidelines. It's the old 'thump the biggest bloke in the room' routine.

+ Reply to Thread