Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 MM and the Lead ups

Senior Member 2YO Njcstables will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Cahir
    I gave up on the mm the year they left Our Sir Vancelot out for Mannaville!

For years they've stuffed around with that race. Mind you I do think the current conditions are close to as good as they will get. I like that the Chariots is two weeks prior and the winner gets invited. It also gives you another crack if you've got a good 4yo, you can run this week and give yourself another chance (eg Atomic red.) The one one thing I might change is to have the ladyship the week before and give the best mare a crack at the mm too.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Maybe we will just disagree on this one Wayne.
    Can you imagine the gallopers telling Winx's stable she MUST compete the week before the Cox Plate

You can have your automatic qualifying races like HRNSW do (as does the Melbourne Cup) but if a trainer wants to miss a week and let his horse's previous record do the talking - why not. On reflection and counter to my earlier post, I will concede that, if this option was in place then it is probably fair not to invite the final 3 until all the qualifiers are run and won

Alternatively you can just call them heats but can you then have invitations too?

Overall you are right - it is not a Biggie

I guess controversy falls under the saying that all publicity is good publicity?
    We agree on that one Kev, but, nearly all publicity is good publicity for harness racing Kev

As for the mighty mare Winx, if the Turnbull Stakes was a compulsory prelude, pretty sure the Waller camp would fulfil to make it into the Cox Plate (Moonee Valley would still give her an invite if she did fail in the Turnbull).
    As you say not biggie.
    But, was fantastic Winx did run in the Turnbull. Gave everyone (including me) the double chance to see her whilst in Melbourne. Just like Laz & Co running twice.

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Really interesting heat with him stepping up to the FFAs. I do wonder if he will be able to repeat the run, he was only second up and a 7 day backup could be tough on him. I see TAB have opened him up $14. I think thats about right.
    Thanks Breno. I like the heat, irrespective of investing.
    True, the back up. And hard to tell what the flat tyre took out of his run to the line last week and going forward into this week. Tough in the Hondo Gratton, albeit restricted company as well, and had the 2 week break. Thinking out loud, looking at exotics, boxing him just in case

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    Thanks Breno. I like the heat, irrespective of investing.
    True, the back up. And hard to tell what the flat tyre took out of his run to the line last week and going forward into this week. Tough in the Hondo Gratton, albeit restricted company as well, and had the 2 week break. Thinking out loud, looking at exotics, boxing him just in case
    Yeah, I think having a crack at exotics is worthwhile, putting Atomic Red in and leaving out Moonrock and Anything For Love could be the play. I think there is a bit of an overreaction in the market based on those two having a good draw and Lenny and Heaven Rocks in the car park. Lenny and Heaven still got a fair bit of class on Moonrock and Anything For Love (sorry breeder Paul Humphreys!).

Edit: Just checked market and I see Heaven Rocks has been crunched in so its corrected itself a little.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Lenny and Heaven still got a fair bit of class on Moonrock and Anything For Love (sorry breeder Paul Humphreys!).
    If talking class Breno then the big bugger got lengths on me!

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Yeah, I think having a crack at exotics is worthwhile, putting Atomic Red in and leaving out Moonrock and Anything For Love could be the play. I think there is a bit of an overreaction in the market based on those two having a good draw and Lenny and Heaven Rocks in the car park. Lenny and Heaven still got a fair bit of class on Moonrock and Anything For Love (sorry breeder Paul Humphreys!).

Edit: Just checked market and I see Heaven Rocks has been crunched in so its corrected itself a little.

Enforced change of driver for Atomic Red.

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Looking forward to Heaven Rocks running at Menangle. A horse that needs a tack that big to show his true ability.

aussiebreno
    What idiot said AFL was outclassed?
    Last edited by Messenger; 02-17-2018 at 10:34 PM. Reason: typo

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Congratulations to our latest 'Gp1 Breeder' poster and 1.48.7 !
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Lucky they kept an invite for Laz

+ Reply to Thread