Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 MM and the Lead ups

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The NZers average night continues
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Have to congratulate the format of the two heats the week before, weve ended up with a very un controversial final field.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Have to congratulate the format of the two heats the week before, weve ended up with a very un controversial final field.
    Agree.

Would Lazarus only have been at 90% with an invite up his sleeve?
    It's hard to say these days if it would be an unfair advantage if, for example, he got an early invite and didn't have to run tonight. At least this way it makes it equal. Fair enough a 4yo, Chariots winner, has the opportunity for a lighter week.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    What is the final field Brendan?

As for Lazarus there was this

https://www.harnessmediacentre.com.a...date---lazarus

Of course 2 miles is more his go but fit he can still give it a shake (Go AFL)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    What is the final field Brendan?

As for Lazarus there was this

https://www.harnessmediacentre.com.a...date---lazarus

Of course 2 miles is more his go but fit he can still give it a shake (Go AFL)
    A precautionary scope, just in case, as a couple of other Purdon horses were recovering from a virus. M P has said Laz would go 1:46 over a mile.

Lazarus
    Lenny
    Tiger Tara
    Anything For Love
    My Field Marshal
    Soho Tribeca
    Charlaval
    Jilliby Kung Fu
    Let It Ride & Atomic Red the emergencies

Lazarus $2.00 before barrier draw.

Per Gareth Hall - Tritton camp reckons AFL will lead as he's mad

aussiebreno
    Lazarus is vulnerable over the mile. Lacks a bit of zip. Waikiki Beach was out of form but took ground off Lazarus last year in the straight (not to be an expert after the fact - I have posted this before). A 1.47 mile may may suit him ore than than a 1.51 though.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Complements All Stars....

AUSSIE CHAT-
    MARK
    It has been a tough week and not just because of the sales busy though they are. The team over here caught a wee bug last week and it went through the team. A 48 hour thing and most have bounced back but it makes me a little wary about racing on Saturday. I am more looking at things being better next week and if they all come through these races in good heart I will be happy.
    Actually THE DEVIL'S OWN is the one I have quite a bit of confidence in. He got the bug early and recovered quickly and has done well during the week. ALL U NEED IS FAITH I am a little more concerned about. He didn't get over things as quickly as the others. He is fine and its a Derby heat and he has the right draw to get a run but I will be happier when he is safely through the race and showing us he will be right for next week,
    BARE KNUCKLE I am pleased with. I am putting her last run, which was a little disappointing, down to the fact she might have been on the edge of that bug and it affected her. She has been really good this week and I think she will be hard to beat.
    HEAVEN ROCKS has had one of his weeks. He has been difficult and no getting around that. It is a different setup here than it was at Victoria when he had nice quiet buildups to his two races. Around here there are more distractions and Heaven Rocks is a horse who doesn't need distractions! So I don't really know what he will get up to on Saturday. He might not know either. But it hasn't been a great buildup even by his standards.
    LAZARUS IS GOOD. He had the bug too but came through it well. I am quite happy with the ace draw because I wouldn't like to have drawn wider and sat outside Tiger Tara in a hard race like that. His main mission is obviously the Miracle Mile but he is such a good horse he is always hard to beat.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    A precautionary scope, just in case, as a couple of other Purdon horses were recovering from a virus. M P has said Laz would go 1:46 over a mile.

Lazarus
    Lenny
    Tiger Tara
    Anything For Love
    My Field Marshal
    Soho Tribeca
    Charlaval
    Jilliby Kung Fu
    Let It Ride & Atomic Red the emergencies

Lazarus $2.00 before barrier draw.

Per Gareth Hall - Tritton camp reckons AFL will lead as he's mad
    Lenny gets in on record?

Tritton or AFL mad?

AFL is now the fastest ever Australian bred horse
    Last edited by Messenger; 02-18-2018 at 10:03 AM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Lenny gets in on record?

Tritton or AFL mad?

Breeder is a genius! Add the stipulation fastest ever Aust bred horse when winning. Lenny pulled out a 1.47.6 when running 2nd but I guess when being beaten it doesn't go in the record book.

Soho Tribeca enormous from the death. He has beaten Lazarus in an Inter heat, gave Chicago Bull a touch up in the WA Cup and arguably run of the night last night. Dependent on the draw could he even start favourite? Admittedly it will be a different Lazarus next week but I hope Soho draws well because if he does it will be a much better race.

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Lenny gets in on record?

Tritton or AFL mad?

Lenny gets in as previous year's winner.

Per Gareth Hall - Tritton camp reckons AFL will lead as he's mad. It was Gareth saying it, whether S T used the actual word mad, who knows. S T using Gareth to send a msg?
    Just like MP saying about Lazarus “He’d go a one-minute 46 seconds mile if needed.”?

+ Reply to Thread