Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for videos of races back in '96 '97 (Iraklis)

Junior Member Foal Lana will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lana Forman

Looking for videos of races back in '96 '97 (Iraklis)

Hi,

First of all, I already posted this in the NZ forum a few days ago, but I realised there's not so much traffic over there - so I'm sorry for posting this twice.
    I've been searching for videos online of a couple of races at Addington won by Iraklis/Ricky May. They were major races so I was hopeful that I'd be able to find them, but I've had no luck so far.
    If anyone knows they exist and can point me in the right direction I'd be grateful, I'd love to watch them and so would the owner.
    15 Nov 1996, Race 9 Air New Zealand Free-For-All
    11 Nov 1997, Race 8 DB Draught New Zealand Trotting Cup
    Google told me there's a series of VHS called 'Australasian Harness Racing Year...' released by Mike Dickinson, but I'm not sure if these two races are included on the tape/s or if I'd just find Iraklis in the Miracle Mile (which I've already seen thanks to Mr Magictoliver on YouTube).

Thanks for reading,
    Lana

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Good luck Lana, I see the Hall of Fame erroneously claims to provide a link to full results including video and when you check HRNZ yourself - they don't go back further than this century.
    Before the fires I had those tapes and I am almost certain your races were on them
    Posters such as Kyle and Noel will know if they can be found - I will alert them to your post
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Hi Lana, will have a look among what I have here. I may have that year in review tape and I think they did include the major NZ races

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by Amlin View Post
    Hi Lana, will have a look among what I have here. I may have that year in review tape and I think they did include the major NZ races

Hi Lana, sorry for stepping in on your thread, hope you have luck.
    Kyle, am wondering if you've come across vision of Lombo Rapida's 2000 Chariots of Fire win? I've searched your terrific youtube cache. Wanting to confirm, or otherwise, if she did sit three wide the trip.

Real Name
    Lana Forman
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Good luck Lana, I see the Hall of Fame erroneously claims to provide a link to full results including video and when you check HRNZ yourself - they don't go back further than this century.
    Before the fires I had those tapes and I am almost certain your races were on them
    Posters such as Kyle and Noel will know if they can be found - I will alert them to your post
    Thanks for your help Kevin. It’s good to know the tapes will be worth getting my hands on if I fail to find a digital version.

Real Name
    Lana Forman
    Quote Originally Posted by Amlin View Post
    Thanks for looking into it Kyle

Member Filly allanjg will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    allan gee
    hi lana ,i don`t know if your interested but i have just watched iraklis running and winning the 1996 m/mile at harold park m.may the driver. also a small clip of the trainer and some clips of him running in races in n.z. in the lead up to the m/mile. it did say what the n.z. races were.

Real Name
    Lana Forman
    Quote Originally Posted by allanjg View Post
    hi lana ,i don`t know if your interested but i have just watched iraklis running and winning the 1996 m/mile at harold park m.may the driver. also a small clip of the trainer and some clips of him running in races in n.z. in the lead up to the m/mile. it did say what the n.z. races were.
    Hi Allan, yep, I watched all the Miracle Mile clips, they're what gave me hope the NZ ones might still exist somewhere.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    Hi Lana, sorry for stepping in on your thread, hope you have luck.
    Kyle, am wondering if you've come across vision of Lombo Rapida's 2000 Chariots of Fire win? I've searched your terrific youtube cache. Wanting to confirm, or otherwise, if she did sit three wide the trip.
    how is it that these types of videos aren't regularly available? These should be posted to social media on a consistent basis. You can find the 1984 Golden Slipper for the gallops on youtube, but not the 2000 Chariots of Fire?

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by KTQ View Post
    how is it that these types of videos aren't regularly available? These should be posted to social media on a consistent basis. You can find the 1984 Golden Slipper for the gallops on youtube, but not the 2000 Chariots of Fire?
    They are not readily available as they are privately owned under copyright.
    Lana, I suggest if you are really desperate to see these you need to contact the New Zealand Racing Board (nzrb.co.nz) or Addington Raceway (addington.co.nz). Be warned not to be offended if you are asked to pay.

+ Reply to Thread